Chapter 5: Some Like It Hot

Stan's POV

It's the following Monday and I was really debating not coming in. I usually don't feel as old as I am but all weekend I've had so much on my mind that I barely slept. I feel drained, exhausted, and like I'm hundred years old. I barely made it out of bed this morning. I'm usually at work by 6:30 in the morning so I'm the first person there, but today I was running late. I couldn't care less though. It was almost 8:00 when I parked in my reserved parking spot. I glance across the way and see Lori's red car and all of a sudden my eyes feel extremely heavy. I need a coffee immediately.

I step in the elevator and press the 10th floor, knowing I can't make it through this day without coffee.

"Oh wait! Please hold the door!" I hear a voice say.

I roll my eyes and press the door open button, my need for coffee only increasing.
She steps inside with a swift motion. She's out of breath from running to catch the elevator. When she saw me she seemed to blush with embarrassment.

"GoodMorning Mr. McCor..oh I mean Stan." She faintly smiles and looks me right in my eyes.

She was completely breathe taking. She was wearing a blue crop button up top. The first 2 buttons were undone showing a little cleavage. She wore high waisted black dress pants and navy blue heels.

"GoodMorning Lori." Even after my long weekend I couldn't help it but to smile. I keep my eyes forward and try to take deep breaths. After a few moments of silence I feel her glance at me.

"How was your weekend?" She turns to face me.

"Oh me? Nothing special just worked from home." I feel my body heat increasing. Even when I'm suppose to be upset, her sweet voice just melts it all away. There is a short silence and she seemed to have something on her mind.

"I..I umm..I thought about you over the weekend." I looked at her and she was no longer looking at me but at her heels.

I have no idea how I can know for a fact that she's dating another guy and still manage to fill my cheeks with blood. I just can't help it. She is infectious.

"Is that so?" I tried to sound as causal as I could. "And what about?" This time it was me that was facing her. She stole a quick glance back up at me and then back down to her heels, and then back up to me. Wow she was beautiful.

"Well.. umm.. I don't really remember exactly when it happened but.." she looked up at me and held my gaze. She seemed to have a hold on me, as I found myself leaning in closer to hear what she was going to say next.

"...but I was walking and saw your picture on a billboard..and" She didn't finish her sentence because she noticed me approaching closer and closer to her. She stayed frozen but her eyes never left mine. I no longer knew what was happening. All I saw was her eyes and her smooth skin. I slowly reached up one hand and stroked her cheek with the back of my hand.

"And..and...I" I felt as if I wasn't in control of my body anymore. My mind was trying to list all of the consequences, but my heart was much louder telling me that this all felt right. I placed my hand on the back of her neck and put my lips to hers. My heart tensed up waiting for her to push me away, but it never happened. She placed her hands gently on my torso and stepped back so her back was against the wall. I deepened the kiss and my other hand began to explore up her shirt. Her nails dug into my abs and I could swear I heard a soft moan escape her lips.