Chapter 11 - Attribrute

Start from the beginning

After the quick hug and greeting everyone else I made my way back to Max, to sit on his lap. He too had finished greeting everyone and smiled smiled as I made myself comfortable.

"Someone's cosy," Max whispered into my ear, I could hear the smile in his voice. I turned my head for my gaze to meet his and just smiled back at him before I replied.

"I'm not the only one," I said to him and snuggled closer into his sculpted chest, which made me feel hot with exertion.

"Okay, so what are we doing?" Aubrey asked as Grandma and now Grandpa entered the room.

"We are going to play baseball," Uncle Jasper answered.

"Baseball?" Aubrey questioned. I smiled at her question, she wasn't one for sports, vampire or not.

"It's not bad Aubrey; just hit and run," I assured her, she nodded but was probably thinking of a plan to get out of it, so, I decided to lift her mood, "We are going shopping tomorrow."

And just with like that her face lit up.

"Okay, baseball doesn't sound so bad now," She said.

~*~

"Okay, these are the teams, I'm not going to have any complaining okay?" Grandma said firmly, "Amelia, Max, Ness, Jacob, Bella, Jasper, Aubrey and Rose on team A everyone else is on team B okay?"

Everyone nodded, everyone was formerly arguing on what team they were on and mostly me as well. However, this time I agreed to play fair meaning I could only run as fast as Edward, my Dad could, and hit as hard as Uncle Emmett. Also to make everything fair they other team had one extra player.

After decided which team was going to bat first, which was team B, we went to separate ourselves. I gave smile to Max from across the field, he was standing near the bases whilst I was standing near the edge of the clearing.

Aunt Rose threw the ball and the games began. Uncle Emmett was batting so I immediately made sure I was focused. He gave a smirk in my direction before he whacked the ball with the bat causing a thundering sound and then, as if on cue, there was thunder. I ran after the ball, which ended up flying over our heads, at the speed I was allowed to go at.

I dodged the trees, catching up with the ball and finally caught it. Smiling with achievement I raced back to the clearing where everyone was waiting.

"And he is out!" I shouted resulting to cheers from my team, scowls from the opposing and Uncle Emmett sulking.

"That's my girl," I heard Max complement. I turned to him and gave him my best smile before winking at him and getting back into position

~*~

"I bet Amelia was cheating!" Uncle Emmett said as the last innings finished. "I swear, it shouldn't have been a tie!"

"Oh but it was. Consider the fact I wasn't using my total strength and speed lucky," I countered and grabbed hold of Max's hand and plastered myself to him.

"I refuse to believe that! You got out! That was not a final home run!" He continued to complained.