Chapter Four

~Levi's POV~

Readjusting my left fingers, I kept my eyes on my phone and playing my favorite song to play on the ukulele; This is Home by Cavetown.

After pressing play on my phone, I began to strum the chords with ease. I cleared my throat to prepare myself for my solo. 

[play song if you want lmao]

"Often I am upset that I cannot fall in love but I guess 

This avoids the stress of falling out of it
Are you tired of me yet? I'm a little sick right now but I swear
When I'm ready I will fly us out of here

Ooooo, I'll cut my hair
Ooooo, To make you stare
Ooooo, I'll hide my chest
And I'll figure out a way to get us out of he-

My head shot up as I saw Eren in the doorway wide eyed. Before he said or did anything, I placed my ukulele back inside it's case. Eren then continued to walk in and sat on his bed facing me still astounded. 

"That...that was amazing, Levi!" He threw his hands in the air waiting for me to respond. 

Not showing any emotion, I looked straight into his eyes. He put his hands down slowly as if my stare was enough to tell him to back off. He sat there confused as I swung my feet on top of my bed and faced my back towards him. I heard him shuffling through his belonging before he got up and turned off the light.

Once the lights were off, I decided to speak, "Eren?"

"Yea Levi?"

"Why did you tell Jean I hated sports?"

"Oh um...because...I-"

"Thanks to you Eren, Jean assumed I was gay and is most likely going to spread the word. And if you haven't recalled, this is an ALL boys school and from what I've observed, nearly everyone's a fan of your soccer team."

Silence filled the room before Eren said anything.

"Levi...I'm sorry. I really am. The only reason I brought you up to Jean was because I was curious about you. I asked if Jean knew anything and he told me you created a bombass poem. He said you made everyone speechless after you finished. And that's when I told him you weren't a huge sports freak like all of us. I'm sorry."

I didn't want to believe it. I didn't want to believe any of it. I just wanted to curl up into a ball and not talk to anyone. Tomorrow was going to be a difficult day, no matter what. 

I ended not responding to Eren for the rest of the night. 

The next morning I woke up at 7:21 am, from a certain someone breathing very heavily. Without waking him, I threw on my school uniform and slowly made my way to the hallway of the main building. The hallways were surprisingly empty, well probably because first period started in twenty minutes. I put in my headphones and started playing the same song Eren barged on into yesterday. I moved my fingers freely imagining that I was playing the ukulele. 

"Hey Ackerman!" 

The sound of someone calling my name interrupted my jam session. I glanced around the empty halls and found Mr. Smith. 

"Hello Mr. Smith," I reply abruptly.

"How'd you sleep? Who's your roommate by the way?"

"Eren Jaeger. Eren is my roommate."

"He's a good guy...good guy. OH and that poem of yours, from yesterday, woah! That was something!"

"Is that all you came here to say? Because I have things to practice?"

"Practice? You mean like sports? Damn, I love how everyone in the school can at least relate to one thing," Mr. Smith exclaimed while patting me on the back.

"Actually, sir, no. When I said practice, it was relating to music, not sports."

"Like an instrument?"

"Yes, like an instrument sir."

"Wow, you're quite the outsider at this school. Everyone only comes here for spo-"

"Yea, Mr. Smith," I interrupted him while pointing to the gash across my forehead, "I found that out the hard way. Now if you'll excuse me, I'd rather spend my last ten minutes of free time in peace, away from an distractions."

"Outside of class you can call me Erwin," he chuckled as he patted my back a second time. Does this guy not know the concept of personal space?

The bell had rung and everyone came from the dining hall. I never ate breakfast though. I was just never hungry in the morning. Scratch that, I'm usually never hungry at all. I have a small appetite. 

The day went by pretty slow, going through each period was a hassle and a strain on my head. Everything was pretty normal up until literature obviously. I was the first to class because I didn't want to have a repeat of yesterday. Students began to fill the seats after a minute or so passed by. Then the gang came in.

"Heyyyy Levi!! Do you have AIDS yet, you fag!!" 

"Jean shut up, I'm not gay."

"Sure, just try not to rape Eren in his sleep, okay love?" Reiner finally had a say in the situation. The two of them cackled like hyenas while Connie and Marco stood behind them.

Ignoring the others, I sat quietly waiting for Erwin to start his lesson. 

"Good morning students," he eventually greeted us.

There were a scatter of people who said "morning" back and others just groaned as if they'd rather be dead than here. 

"Now class, I know most of your strong holds are in things like sports,like Jean and others are in...music, like Levi, but Literature is mandatory."

I heard murmurs amongst the people in front of me since I sit in the back.

"Oh shit...alright students, I have to grab some papers for you guys in the copier room so I'll be right back!" With that Erwin sprinted out the door leaving me as a victim to everyone in the class.

"Hey cock rider! Suck any dick recently?" Reiner yelled from the front of the room causing everyone to laugh.

Just ignore them Levi.

"Yo butt pirate," Reiner added, "Answer me!"

Ignore them God damnit.

"Cock jockey! Look at me when I'm talking to you!"

I can't do this anymore.

With that, I shot up and stormed out the door. However, Jean did a classic bitch move and stuck his foot out causing me to fall in front of the entire class. 

"Run away fag, no boy will ever love you."

I promised myself I wouldn't cry, I made a promise that I haven't broken yet. I can't break it now. I can't do it do that myself.

People don't understand that creating a sentence that takes five seconds to say, could and will stay in someone's head for the next five years. I hate that the human brain is so sensitive when it comes to that. It's like a Jenga game. One simple move can cause the entire tower to tumble. It takes nearly ages for someone to rebuild themselves back up from something like that. 

But as I ran out that room, I broke my own promise.