Ch.6

THE FIGHT

THEY ALL REACHED THE HOME IN 15 MINUTES Michael woke up gaining some strength but only for a few minutes before he'll give out again

He grabbed Star, while Alan grabbed Laddie, following Michael into the house and upstairs into Ellie's room to rest.

Nanook was at the stairs barking at Michael, Star, and Laddie.

"Cool it, Nanook." Sam says.

"Your dog knows a flesh eater, when he smells one." Edgar tells him.

"Sam, take Nanook outside." Michael says.

Sam grabs Nanook by the collar and leads him outside. As the rest of them go up the stairs they are stopped by Michael's grandpa.

"Michael. You know the rules about filling up the car with gas. When you take it out without asking."

"No, grandpa."

"Well now you do." Their grandpa says smiling and going into the other room.

They all sighed and rushed into Ellie's room quickly putting Star and Laddie on the bed.

As soon as Michael placed Star down he passed out lying on the floor.

"Michael!" Ellie says getting to the ground a lifting him up against the wall. Sam rushes in after taking Nanook outside.

"We definitely, blew Plan A."

"No shit." Ellie snaps.

"Time to activate Plan B." Alan says.

"What's plan b?" Ellie asked.

"We don't have one yet, we only have 2 and a half hours before then." Edgar says.

"What's in 2 and a half hours?" Sam asks.

"The sun will be going down, they'll be looking for us." Edgar explains.

"Ellie, stay with the bloodsuckers. We'll bring supplies and ammunition." Alan says rushing out with Sam and Edgar.

Ellie nods and goes back into her room where all of them laid down. She grabbed a pillow and blanket and let Michael rest on the floor.

"Ellie...." Michael says groggily loosing consciousnesses.

"Shhh it's okay, rest." She says kissing his forehead and letting him fall back into sleep.

She looked at the window, hoping they had all the time they need to help themselves now.

•••••••••

Ellie heard the door open and saw the boys coming in with all the supplies they had.

"Ellie!" Sam rushes over to her and gives her a canteen.