Ch.5

HEAD VAMPIRE

ELLIE WAS SITTING BETWEEN SAM AND ALAN at the dinner table while Edgar sat next to Max

ELLIE WAS SITTING BETWEEN SAM AND ALAN at the dinner table while Edgar sat next to Max. They all began to eat spaghetti and bread rolls at the table.

"Lucy, this looks terrific." Max says.

"Well I hope it tastes well too, Ellie helped me as well." Lucy says.

"Ah another cook in the house?" Max asks her.

"Yeah, my mom can't cook to save her life. When I turned 10 I started to cook and let's say after that I just kept making dinner." Ellie says.

"I remember your mother almost burnt down this house trying to make noodles." Lucy says laughing, she then breathed in. "Boy someone must have bad breath."

The boys all turned to Max while Ellie took another bite. Max looked at them wondering why they were staring at him. Nanook then got on the table being protective of Lucy.

"Nanook could you quit breathing on me?" Lucy says to the dog.

"Go on Nanook." Sam says and the dog gets off the table and sits behind Ellie and Sam.

Edgar looks at Ellie, Sam, and Alan and looks at the parmesan cheese filled with garlic. Sam grabs it and looks at Max.

"Would you like some parmesan?"

"Yes Sam, thank you."

"Sam graded the cheese himself, my son." Lucy says.

"Well another budding chef in the house." Max compliments.

Max takes it and places it on his pasta and takes a bite and then going into a coughing fit.

"Max are you alright?"

"No, I'm fine it's just garlic."

"I bet you hate garlic!" Sam says.

"No, I like garlic it's just too much. It's raw garlic."

Lucy takes the cheese with garlic and puts it on the side, apologizing.

"Garlic? How did that happen?"

"Guys, he likes garlic." Sam whispers.

Sam then grabs the glass of holy water and tried to give it to Max.

"Here, drink some water." Sam then pours it on his lap and Max jumps.

"Sam!" Lucy yells.