I'm Cold Like 20 Below

Start from the beginning

                “Then what the hell was this?” She asks angrily and sits on the bed, facing me.

                “Put a shirt on.” I demand and throw it at her. “This is why I didn’t want to talk to you anymore. I get over you and start to love someone else and then the lust brings me in.” I tell her coldly and search for my shirt.

                She comes to me, shirt on and tears fill her eyes. Angry ones, not sad ones. “You asshole.”

                “Whatever,” I pick up my phone. Two calls from Rian. I press callback and motion her to shut up. She looks at me, astonished and pissed off for sure. “You called?” I ask.

                “Where are you, man? We heard you kind of stormed off.” He sounds concerned.

                Before I can reply, she shouts again. “We nearly fucked and you said it’s only lust! That you love someone else? Put the damn phone down, Alex!” She screeched and I wince. Damn it.

                “Who is that, Alex?” Rian asked and I hear his tone change. “Is that-?”

                “No.” I quickly lie. I find my shirt and throw it on so I don’t miss anything Rian says.

                “Alex. Who is that?” He asks sternly. “It’s her isn’t it?” He asks when I say nothing. All I need is my keys. They must’ve fallen out of my pants pocket. I turn around to see her holding them teasingly.

                “Give me the damn keys.” I order her, moving the phone away from my mouth. She’s done pissed me off beyond belief. I know I will have to deal with the guys when I get back and-Riley. Oh, no. She’ll never forgive me. Fuck!

                “Give me the phone.”  She bargains, meanwhile, Rian is still speaking to me. I walk over to her and she smiles evilly. I end the call with Rian and grab her arm with one hand and reach for the keys. I tug them away. “Ouch, Alex!” She yells, holding her hand to her chest.

                “Delete my number. Never call me again.” I order and walk out. I call Rian back and sit in the front seat of my car in the parking lot. He answers within two rings.

                “What are you doing, man?” He asks angrily.

                “Rian, let me explain.” I beg.

                “Oh, you’ll explain all right.” He says coldly. “Not just to me, either.” My heart stops. No.

                “Riley?” I croak out, my stomach knots and my head spins. “No,” I say and I swear her didn’t hear me.

                “Oh, yeah.” He says and I listen harder. I hear her sobbing, but trying to hold it in. “We were concerned and Jack had texted me saying what he knew had happened so we called you, and everyone overheard what happened. You two yell quiet loudly.” He growls. With that, he hangs up. I sit there in shock. I can’t waste time. Not now.

                I rush back to the hotel. What is wrong with me? All I seem to do is hurt her. I didn’t want this to happen, nor did I even go over to her room to have sex. I came to break it off and she wouldn’t let me. She blocked me out. Then she pulled me into her charm and I lost my words. That’s not an excuse, not even the slightest. The guys are all pissed, and that’s understandable. They’ll hate me, and so will Riley. Oh, Riley, please don’t hate me and don’t leave me. I need you, I need you. I care about you so much. Can’t you see?