Chapter 12 - Project

Lauren's POV

It was the third period of the second day of our senior year. Normani, Ally, Dinah, Vero, Lucy, Ariana, Camila and I were in the same p.e class. Great, just what Normani needed. Ally didnt sit with us which felt different, but I guess it was good because all of us needed to calm down after what had happened this morning. 

Our teacher walked in and everyone stopped chattering. "Afternoon ladies, this is the first time I've had you guys this year right?" Well duh, this is only the second day? We all nodded and he smiled.

"Well I'm new to this school so I'm going to introduce myself. My name's Mr Brake and I have been a teacher for 3 years, my favourite sport is AFL (Australian Football League) and Volleyball. I don't like people who don't try new things and complain; I like people who strive for excellence and those who make the best out of everything." He smiled and his eyes lit up. He seems pretty cool. Everyone paid attention to him because he wasn't boring and he made a lot of jokes which made us laugh like crazy.

"Since I don't know you guys at all, I'm going to get you to do a project." He paused and everyone groaned.

"This counts for your overall effort mark so I suggest you all listen. I will pair you up with someone else in this room and you will have to get to know them and write a report on them. At the end of next week, everyone will get up and talk about their partner. Got it?" Oh gosh, I hope I don't get someone like Amanda, she's a major drug addict. 

"Amanda, you will be with Beth. Lucy with Veronica," we all heard Vero and Lucy say yes and high five each other. 

"But they already know everything about each other!" Normani yelled out. We all turned our heads in her direction.

"Well then that's a bonus, isn't it?" Mr Brake replied cheekily. "Dinah... You will be with Normani. Elaine, you're with Gwen. Lauren with Camila," I looked over at Camz and our eyes met but she quickly looked away. Maybe I can prove to her that I'm not a major jerk... "Grace with Quinn..." Mr Brake kept reading out names and I could feel someone's eyes on me. I looked around and I found Katy staring at me, she outlined a heart with her fingers. I never realized how hot she was. I winked and blew her a kiss and  Normani shoved my sides.

"Ow what was that for?" I silently screamed, death glaring Normani.

"Looks like Cabello's going to kill you." Normani laughed. I searched the room for Camila and I found her glaring at me; it was like she was shooting daggers into my heart. So much for proving that you're not a jerk Jauregui.

"And last but not least, Ally with Ariana." Mr Brake smiled at them both. Vercy, Ariana, Ally and Camila all jumped up and did a little happy dance. What's going on? 

"Alright, get a move on with your project ladies." Mr Brake instructed.

I walked nervously over to Camila and all of her friends stared at me weirdly. Crap, im going to have to put up with this. 

"Uh.. H-Hey Camz." I waved nervously. It felt like everyone's eyes were on Camila and I. 

"Hi Lauren." She instantly replied, with no emotion whatsoever. Ugh, she's so stubborn sometimes!

"Veronica, Lucy, Dinah and Normani, can you girls please come up here." Mr Brake said. I looked at the other girls and confusion was written was all over their faces. They walked up to his desk and waited for him to say something.

"I've changed my mind about your partners. Vero, you will be with Normani. That means Lucy.. You're with Dinah." Normani and Vero groaned whilst Dinah and Lucy hugged each other. Normani and Vero? Not a good mix. It's going to be WW3 with those two.

Normani and Dinah walked over to me and Normani rolled her eyes. "I can't believe he paired me up with her!" She yelled.

"Whoa Mani, calm down. I've got Cabello, Dinah's got Vives and Ally has Grande. Our group is technically paired up with theirs. Do you think we should have a little sleepover or something, just so we can less intensify the atmosphere between our groups?" I asked in hopes that she would agree. And in my luck, she did. 

"I'm not asking, just saying." I put my hands up in defence. 

"I will." Dinah smiled and we all walked over to their group.

"Hey guys, do you want to have a sleepover at Lauren's house? It's for the project, because we're all paired up with you guys." Dinah said nicely. Wait, MY house? What? Before I could say something, they all said sure. Umm I can't bring 7 girls into my house?! My parents will be cranky and Chris will just flirt with all of them! Oh that's right! I have the lake house... 

"Okay.. But you'll have to come to my lake house instead, my parents wont enjoy having 7 teenage girls under the same roof as my brother..." I said and they all started to laugh.

"Alright. Meet us by the parking area after school." Normani said, with a calm tone. We all nodded and it was silent for a while.

"Um.. Is it okay if I could ride in someone's car.." Camila said shyly.

"I-I can." I raised my hand up then realized what I was doing so I put them down quickly. That didnt even make sense!

"Thanks Lauren." She said and smiled. I miss her calling me Lolo. 

"Alright girls! Make sure you start on your get-to-know-your-partner project! We will be working on this for the next two weeks. Have a good day, I'll see you all on Thursday!" Mr Brake announced. Everyone suddenly got up from their desks and walked towards the door.

Normani grabbed my bag and pulled me away from Camila's group. I looked back and Camila waved at me and I waved back smiling. I didnt look where I was going so I tripped over a box. I got up and looked back and Camila was laughing. Oh that laugh of hers; its so intoxicating, I just can't get enough. I couldn't stop smiling and Dinah looked at me weirdly.

"Why are you all smiley Lauren?" She whispered into my ear.

"Nothing, it's just a beautiful day." I replied, hoping she wouldn't catch onto my lie.

"Pfft. It's because of Camila isn't it?" She raised her eyebrow and nudged me.

"No it isnt!" I yelled, causing Normani to turn around and raise her eyebrow.

"What? Why are you shouting Lauren?" Normani asked.

"Nothing, Dinah's just being a pain." I stuck my tongue out and she turned around and kept walking.

"Are you sure about that Lauren Michelle Jauregui? Or should I say Jauregui-Cabello" She winked and I slapped her arm.

"Ouch! I'm going to get you Lauren!" Dinah yelled and I started to run away from her. I guess this is how I'm going to be spending my lunch today.

A/N- Another sleepover?! Yep, get ready for the feels my loves. Should I make you guys wait? Or nah? Hehe, I love yall :)