Chapter 6 - First Date (Part 2)

Lauren’s POV

 I glanced over at Camila who was softly humming to Ed Sheeran and smiled. I wish everyone could be as lovely as her; she was caring, fun, lovable and sweet. She was innocent and would gladly do anything for anyone, even if she didn’t know them. Then suddenly One Direction blasted and her face lit up and she started to sing her heart out. After Midnight Memories finished, the song Invisible by Hunter Hayes came on and Camila’s smile turned into a frown, almost looking as if she was going to cry. She changed the song and Rude instantly played, causing her to jump and squeal. She was one of those girls; easy to love but hard to find.

 BEEP BEEP

 Holy crap! I forgot that we were on the road. I rolled down my window and apologized to the person in the car behind us. I sped up and turned right to where the pizza place was. My heart was beating fast. Damn it Jauregui, get it together. 

 “Ahem” I heard someone clear their throat. It was Camila.

 “Just wondering Lo, did you get distracted back there?” She smirked and laughed

 “No way Camz, I was just in deep thought you know?” I lied

 “What were you thinking about?”

 I quickly said the first thing that popped up in my mind. She looked at me for a few seconds and burst out laughing. What did I say?

 “Dogs? Really Jauregui?”

 “Um yeah? That’s what I said right?” I said trying not to face palm myself

 “Are you sure it wasn’t because of me?” Camila winked, coming closer to my face.

 “I-uh um yes” I said stuttering as she smirked.  For crying out loud Lauren.

 I hadn’t seen this side of Camila before; she was flirtatious and that was what I liked. She could turn a straight girl without even trying.

 I cleared my throat and said “Okay, so let’s eat!” I glanced at her and she backed away winking at me. I could feel my cheeks heat up and my lips curled into a wide smile which probably looked very goofy like.

 I got out of the car and opened Camila’s door. She stepped out, looking beautiful as always. I held her hand and we both walked over to the building that had ‘Marco’s Pizza’ written all over it. I opened the door and I immediately felt the warmth of the place and the smell of cheese filled my nose causing my stomach to grumble. I walked over to the counter and called out the owner’s name.

 “Marco! Where are you?”

 I heard shuffling in the kitchen and an average heighted man with hazel eyes, wrinkled face and sweet smile appeared. Ah, there he was. I felt a grip on my hand tighten, Camila was scared, I could tell by the look on her face.

 “Camz baby, there’s nothing to be afraid of. Marco Antonio Jauregui’s my grandpa” I whispered and smiled

 “Lauren! It’s been a while since you’ve been here. I’ve missed you! Where’s your brother and sister? I haven’t seen them in a while. How’s Mike treating Clara?” My grandpa eagerly asked, not taking his eyes off me.

 "Yes I know gramps, Chris just got back from Europe and Taylor’s been at home not doing much. And dad’s treating mom quite well, we’re a happy family. You should come visit sometime, we miss you” I responded while letting go of Camila’s hand and hugging him. I missed him so much.

 He chuckled and let go of me. He immediately looked at Camila and smiled.

 “Who’s this, sweetheart?” He asked

 “Let me introduce you. Gramps, this is Camila Cabello, she’s my friend that moved into the neighbourhood yesterday. She’s from Miami and she’s Cuban and Mexican-“ 

 “Wow sweetheart, she’s quite beautiful” My grandpa interrupted and Camila laughed and said thank you.

 “Anyways, Camz this is my lovable grandpa, Marco Antonio Jauregui, he’s my mom’s dad and he moved here with us when I was 14”

 “Aww he’s such a cute old man! Nice to meet you Mr. Jauregui.” Camila shook his hand and he laughed quietly, “Nice to meet you too Camila. Oh and by the way, call me Marco. What would you girls like? It’s on the house”

 I looked over at Camila and she had a concentrated face on, man she is so cute when she does that.

 “Can I please have a pepperoni pizza?” My grandpa nodded

 “I would like a spinach pizza”

 He smiled at me, “Your favourite isn’t it?”

 I nodded and he went back to the kitchen, getting ready to make the pizza for us. I grabbed Camila’s hand and we walked over to a table and sat down. I grabbed my phone a looked at the time, it was 6 o’clock. Wow, time goes by fast. Camila and I talked about our favourite things in the world, hers was that she gets to wake up every day and see the beautiful world. She talked about how we take our days and privileges in life for granted. I had to agree with her, I never looked at life that way before. She’s changing me, in a good way.

 “Lolo, what are you staring at all the time?” Camila asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

 “Your beautiful face” I replied

 A smile crept on her face. In a matter of seconds, she was smiling from ear to ear. Wow you really must have an effect on her Jauregui. Look at her! She’s totally falling for you right now.

 I was about to kiss her cheek when my grandpa walked in with our pizza’s. Darn it, wrong timing gramps. He placed them on our table and hugged me tightly. He was a very old man and he was fragile, like Camila.

 “Enjoy sweetheart”

“Thank you”

“Yeah, thank you Marco!” Camila squealed and both my grandpa and I laughed. She’s adorable isn’t she?

 After a while of stuffing pizza in our mouths, talking about random stuff and laughing, Camila and I got up from our seats and walked over to the counter. “Thank you Marco, I really enjoyed your wonderful pizza” Camz said with a genuine smile on her face. “You’re welcome dear, it was nice meeting you” Marco smiled.

 “Thank you for having us grandpa, it was nice seeing you again. You should come over some time” I said. “Thank you for seeing me Lauren, I hope you ladies have a wonderful evening” He replied. “No problem and we hope you have a wonderful evening too” I leaned in, hugged him and kissed his cheek before leaving. We waved goodbye and drove off to my lake house.

 A/N – Hey guys, im sick atm so please bear with the crappy chapter.  I know that it’s been in Laurens POV for a while, but I promise you the next few chapters will be in Camila’s POV. I really hope you enjoy reading my stuff. Love y’all  :)