Chapter 6

A few days past and the couple had little contact with each other except for phone calls and text messages. The two of them had been very busy with work so where finding it difficult to make time to see each other especially with Barry's exams nearing. It was difficult to find a balance between work, studying and Caitlin so he decided to bring two together for once so he could spend some more well-earnt time with her.

He invited her to the police station for the day so he could show her around the place. It wasn't the most ideal way to spend time together as it wasn't very intimate and they would still have to wait for a little while longer for them to have sex. They both really wanted to but had no opportunity to do so which caused a lot of built up sexual tension between them whenever they did see each other. It wasn't the easiest thing to cope with and get through but until they had the chance they would just have to grin and bear it.

On Friday morning, Caitlin arrived at the police station after walking there from her shop in the morning. Once again she had left the place in her capable employee's hands so she had nothing to worry about. Barry had told her to meet him in the reception so she went up in the elevator and waited just by it. She took in the new environment around her, seeing the bustle and hurry in all the officers. Being a police station she expected it to be this way: busy and bustling. People were always going up and down in the elevators to who knows where.

There were all kinds of voices saying all sorts of things that she didn't understand. Lord knows how Barry understands all the police jargon. It was something that she didn't think that she could ever even begin to understand. It was a complex lifestyle and one completely contrasting to her own. Perhaps that's why she and Barry were attracted to each other. He liked the idea of a more calm and relaxed life like his own childhood and she was curious about what the life of a police officer would mean with all the stress and dangerous situations. It fascinated her and she wanted to know more.

Every moment that passed, she was more and more intrigued by what surrounded her. It was an unknown world and whilst most people are scared of that which they didn't know before she was captured by it. She couldn't wait to see Barry and see his world, it made her feel as if they are that much closer and stronger as a couple. She had missed him greatly over the last few days especially as they had been interrupted the other day. She liked hearing his voice over the phone and reading his text messages but she preferred to have him right in front of her again. It wasn't as good as the real thing and being apart was something that she didn't enjoy at all. It was like a missing part of her was somewhere else that she couldn't reach altogether.

Just as she looked up to the stairs, she heard her name being called out. She recognised that voice. It was Barry. Smiling brightly, she practically bounded towards him and threw herself into his arms. He took her gladly and kissed her head, holding her tight and comfortably against him. After a few seconds, they pulled apart and shared a passionate kiss the two of them both smiling into it.

"I have missed you so much," she murmured as they pulled away, their foreheads leaning against each other.

"I missed you too, Cait..." he replied, pecking her lips. "Come on, I will show you around," he continued, pulling away from her body and taking her hand in his so he could lead her wherever they went.

"Where are we going first?" She asked curiously, squeezing his hand as they began to walk into the bullpen.

Barry showed around the entire station happily before returning back to his desk where they sat together and he showed her what work he did every day. It was an interesting thing for her to see the kind of work he did and what he did all day. She had always had an idea ever since she was a little girl on what police officers did at police stations but this gave her some clarification and some straight answers.