Ch. 33: Love Square? (4)

Mulai dari awal

"What story...?"

"An important story. It'll probably explain to you about what Jisung has been doing these last few weeks. Although..."

"Although what?

"You may or may not have new doubts about a certain other guy that matters."

"Jeno?"

"Mhm. Something also tells me that you know about Lami?"

"How did you--"

"Say no more. You'll find out soon. Now, do we have a deal on making Chensung jealous?"

Jaemin was still stuck in wonder, but agreed.

"Yes, anything for you guys."

"Great, let's go then. It's getting kind of late. Thanks for agreeing to this too..."

Jaemin followed Renjun out of the cafe, grabbing the numbers of the staff at the Magic Shop from Hobi on the way out.

"So we start the plan tomorrow?" Jaemin paused Renjun outside of the cafe.

"Yep. I'll think of a few things," Renjun waved. "See you tomorrow!"

"Bye bye!" Jaemin smiled as he set off.

Taking a breath, Jaemin looked across the street. The D.Store bakery seemed to be closing for the day now. It was about 5:30 PM. He figured he could go help Eunwoo and Moonbin clean up. Who knows, they could have extra pastries too.

Jaemin merrily walked across the street thinking about the sweets in the shop... And Jeno, for some reason.

Was it really okay to say yes to Renjun? What if Jeno doesn't like this?
I just want to help them get together. Maybe after I talk to Eunwoo and Binnie-hyung, I'll go talk to Jeno.
We're neighbors.
How hard could it be?

Jaemin opened the door to the bakery, the cute bells jingling at his arrival.

"Good evening-- ah! Jaeminnie!" Moonbin ran over, hugging him tightly. "You're here!"

"Hi hyung. I decided to stop by and help out a little," Jaemin giggled.

"Woo-baby, Jaeminnie's here!" The older cheerfully shouted.

"Jaemin?" Eunwoo walked in from the kitchen. "You're right on time. We have some fruit tarts left over."

"Jjinja?" Jaemin's eyes sparkled. "Is there anything I can help with first?"

"Aww no, don't worry. We planned to close a bit early since Woo-baby got your text," Moonbin smiled.

"Oh but--"

"Sit down! We can talk here, if that's fine for you," Eunwoo walked to a table.

"Arrasseo," Jaemin sat down across from him.

"Let me flip the sign!" Moonbin went to officially close the bakery.

Once Moonbin came back, they started the discussion. The couple intertwined hands and smiled lightly at Jaemin with their full attention and endearment.

Jaemin all of a sudden wanted to hug them.

His parents were busy business personnel, and they were never usually home. Jaehyun took the place of his parents, but Jaemin usually functioned well by himself. Jaemin and Jaehyun loved their parents despite the little time they had with them. Eunwoo and Moonbin felt like his parents.

Jaemin loved them so much.

"Jaeminnie?" Moonbin asked.

"Are you alright? You've been staring for a while," Eunwoo and Moonbin looked a little concerned.