Ch 33 Ash Depression

Ruby ran out to Pikachu and picked him up. As he held him in his arms, Pikachu smiled at him, showing Ruby that he was okay.

"Thanks, buddy. Now why don't you take a nice rest?" Ruby said as they walked back to their corner.

After setting Pikachu down, Ruby took out his final Pokéball.

'It's up to you.' He thought as he threw it into the air. "Emboar, I choose you!"

In a flash of light, the Mega Fire Pig Pokémon appeared onto the field. He then began to glare at Bouffalant, who just glared right back.

"Emboar V.S. Bouffalant! Final Battle Begin!"

"Emboar, use Flamethrower!" Ruby commanded.

"Bouffalant, use Stone Edge!" Alder ordered.

Ruby grimaced as the fire and the stones exploded in midair.

"Emboar, use Hammer Arm!"

"Bouffalant, use Megahorn!"

The two ran towards each other. Emboar hit Bouffalant with its arm, and Bouffalant hit Emboar with its horns. They both were breathing heavily.

"Let's finish this!" Both Ruby and Alder yelled. "Use Flame Charge/Head Charge!"

Emboar began flying down the field surrounded by fire and Bouffalant charged towards it with a glowing red afro. Upon impact, a huge explosion occurred.

"The two attacks hit!" The announcer yelled into the microphone. "But who won?"

As the smoke cleared, Emboar and Bouffalant both stood breathing heavily. Emboar grinned at Bouffalant, who returned it with a similar grin. Then, bouffalant winced and fell to the ground with swirls in its eyes.

The stadium then burst into cheers as they clapped and yelled for the winner. .

On the field, Alder fell to his knees. He then returned bouffalant to its Pokéball.

"Thanks, Boufalant ," He said sadly. "You did a great job."

Pikachu rushed over to celebrate with its trainer. Ruby looked over at Pikachu and smiled.

"You're right, Pikachu," He said, wiping the tears of joy from his eyes. "We so close to changing the future buddy!!!And we so close of battling dad in finals but we need to stop Giovanni winning this League."

"Pika!" Pikachu smiled happily.

Ruby  then walked over to Alder with Pikachu.

"Thank you, Ruby," He said with a grin. "I haven't had a battle like that in a long time. It was great!"

Ruby got up and shook Alder's hand.

"Thank you, Alder," Ruby said gratefully. "You showed me that I still have a lot of training to do." Somewhere in Hoenn Battle Tower. May need to find Ash because his match starts in 30 minutes. She remembering seeing Ash going to the Bar after the match ended between Ruby and Alder. A black haired man around the age of 26 was approaching the bar in battle Tower. He had a lot on his mind, especially after what happened the past few days. he entered the bar, and approached the bar tender.

"What will you be having?" asked the bar tender.

"Just a bud light ," replied the man.

The bar tender then pulled out a beer bottle, and a cup, and pored the drink into the glass, and handed it to the man.

"Thanks," said the man, as he began to drink the alcohol.

"Ash?" a feminine voice said.

The man turned when he heard his name, to see that a brunette had entered the bar, but this was someone he knew, it was someone he travelled with when he competed in the Hoenn league, and the Kanto Battle Frontier.

"May?" he said.

The young woman nodded, and took a seat next to Ash.

"How have you been doing?" she asked.

Ash looked down at his drink, he didn't want to tell May about his current situation, but he had to get it off his chest.

"Not to good," he said quietly.

"Oh, why is that?" she asked curiously.

"Well," he said quietly "I can't stop thinking about Serena ," Ash notice on the Tv that 15 year old trainer remind so much of him when he was younger. Ash walks away from May, so she won't see him being mess."Well, buddy our match starts 30 minutes. He sighed, looking at tunnel hearing the crowd calling his named. Waiting for his entrance because this battle was hype up by the Media. "Kalos King!!!! Vs Fallen Hero!!!!" He looks down at the pictures of Serena on wall. " I love you, Serena," he whispered sadly, his tone full of loss. "And I'll really did love you." Those were absolutes, the things that would never change about the trainer, no matter where he went or what he did.
Pikachu felt the pain coursing through its trainer, and nodded. "Pi," it squeaked, before pointing to where they had come from. " Hey, Buddy Lets go Destroy our little Queen by embarrassing her almighty King That's she loves!!"