Ch 4 May feelings

Petalburgh City, Hoenn Region

"May would you shut up about Ash and just watch the battle?" Max yelled to his sister.

May laughed nervously, "Hehe... sorry about that."

She truly was sorry about interrupting the match with her talking, but she just couldn't help it. One of her best friends was looking like he was on his way to winning his first pokemon league, and she was excited to say the least.

Around her sat both of her parents, Norman and Caroline. Her friend and rival Solidad as well as her rival Drew, who appeared to be not the least bit interested in the match. May had also allowed Glaceon, who'd let herself out of her pokeball as soon as Pikachu hit the field, to watch the match.

Drew, instead of watching the match, was more interested in watching May. As she grew up, May had become even more beautiful. Her face had matured from that of a young girl to that of a woman. Her figure had slimmed down. And let's just say that puberty had been...very good to her.

Her chest was very large her rear was firm and cute. Her body made a perfect hourglass shape that would make most guys drool and Drew was no exception. However, he was too drowned in jealousy at the moment to be enamored by May's appearance.

Drew couldn't help but be envious at May's admiration towards the boy on TV. May talking so highly of Ash pushed him over the edge, "Hmph, no matter if he wins or not, he will always be a loser. I can't believe you think so highly of him and attribute him for making you who you are, May. That's just ridiculous! That should be my honor. MINE! I'm surprised this dense idiot even made it passed the first round, let alone the finals!"

Everyone in the room was now looking at Drew. Solidad appeared mostly surprised while Max, Norman and Caroline were fuming. But no one could've matched the furious glare that May was shooting at Drew.

Once she'd left Ash to travel with her rivals, May began to really struggle in her contests. Without Ash's support, it seemed as though she had lost it. In fact, she hadn't even gained enough ribbons her first year away to enter the Grand Festival.

However, a late night phone call with Ash seemed to repair what was wrong with her coordinating after Johto. After that night, she was back and better than ever, knowing that Ash would always support her, no matter where he was.

When she failed to reach the grand festival, May didn't hear the end of it from Drew. He would constantly berate her and make her feel terrible about herself after a win or loss. And there was always one person he blamed for her not performing well, and that one person was always the same...

Ash Ketchum.

He would constantly talk about how it was Ash's fault for making her battle too much like a trainer and not a coordinator. Even when he wasn't scolding May after a contest, he still always brought up how Ash was bad in one way or another.

May would always defended her best friend, but Drew would never relent. Just days into her journey in Johto, she became completely sick of Drew. She would now never accept his roses or his advice while training for contests. For that, she relied on Solidad and the past teachings of Ash.

Back at the gym, May was glaring daggers at Drew. How dare he come into her house, uninvited no less, and continue to bad mouth Ash, especially in a moment as big as this one?

"You know what Drew, the only loser I see here is you! Not only did you follow me and Solidad to every region we visited after Johto, even though we clearly didn't want you to, but you also have to audacity come into myhouse and bad mouth my best friend! The person I care about more than anyone else in the world!" May shouted, letting out years of pent up anger and frustration towards Drew. She was speaking directly from her heart, not allowing herself to really think before she spoke. That being said, everything she was saying was exactly what she was feeling.

"I gave you another chance to change when we met up halfway through this past year in Hoenn, but you just wouldn't stop not only berating me, but Ash as well. You never could accept that I was better than you...that he was better than you." May continued, her harsh, icy tone never faltering.

"I wasn't berating you, I was only trying to help you become a better coordina-" Drew tried to jump in but was cut off by May.

"Trying to help me?! Is that what you call constantly telling me that I'm a bad coordinator?! That I will never amount to anything in the world of coordinating?! But I proved you wrong didn't I? When I won the 2011 Hoenn grand festival just yesterday!"

"You're taking what I said out of context-" Drew was again cut off.

"No I'm not Drew!" May held a venom in her voice that was intimidating everyone in the room. "You want to know how I know for a fact that is exactly what you told me? It's because those words hurt, Drew! They're branded into my memory forever! I thought you were my friend, but all you ever did was hurt me."

Drew tried to butt in yet again, "But May, I am your friend. In fact, I've always wanted to be more than frie-"

"Are you fucking kidding me!?" May screamed incredulously. Her parents were slightly taken aback by her foul language, but decided to let it slide since this boy really deserved to be chewed out. "You actually expect me to like you after all you have done? You're even dumber than you look! You've had enough second chances Drew, our friendship, whatever was left of it, is officially over."

Upon processing her words, Drew actually looked like he was about to cry. Caroline, who had been bottling up her anger during this entire argument decided now was a good time to speak. "Drew, May is our daughter and anyone that isn't kind to her deserves no place in her life. And as for Ash, that man is like a son to us and I have had enough of you bad mouthing him! You are no longer welcome in this house or anywhere near my daughter!"

By now, Drew had let a few tears stroll down his face. In all honesty, he should have known this was coming. He was rarely nice to anyone and that included those he called friends. But he simply refused to change and just continued to be an asshole, not knowing any other way. He turned to leave, before being halted by May's sweet voice.

"Wait, Drew don't go...not yet." May said in the kindest voice she could muster. Drew felt a glimmer of hope flutter through his chest, only to have that feeling was crushed by May's next words, "I want you to watch Ash win. I want you to see just how much better he is than you."

Drew was hurting badly at this point, but he still decided to stay, wanting to spend as much time with May as possible before likely never talking to her again. Everyone turned their attention toward the TV just as Pikachu delivered the final blow to Paul's Torterra with a well placed Iron tail.