CHAPTER 1 !

zach's point of view

"just one more shot- oh yeah! i did it!" daniel smiles as he beats me in basketball for the fourth time today. "yes, we get it. you're great at basketball." i scoff and sit down, drying my hair off with a towel because of how much i was sweating. "as the loser, you have to talk to the new kid." daniel smirks at me. "i- but i don't like talking to new people!" i exclaim. "well, you talked to me, didn't you?" "no, we met because you accidentally threw a basketball at my face when we were five." i say with a chuckle. he laughs and smiles "it was honestly the best thing ever because we've been best friends ever since." i smile and give a light nod as gabbie walks up to us with the new kid. "hey guys! this is jack, he's new here!" gabbie smiles and jack sticks out his hand. "i-i'm j-jack, j-jack a-a-aver-ry." he stutters. how cute- zach stop it, you just met him. you don't even know if he's into guys like that anyways.. "i'm daniel seavey and this is my shy best friend, zach herron." daniel shakes his hand. "h-hi.." i say in barely a whisper as i wave at him shyly. he smiles at me, causing me to smile back. "well i have to get going over to jonah's, we have an uh- project to work on..bye!" daniel runs away quickly causing me to let out a quiet chuckle. he's always had a crush on jonah, but none of us can really tell what sexuality jonah is, he always keeps to himself.

daniel's point of view

i make my way to jonah's house and knock on the door. he opens the door and pulls me inside. "my parents are visiting some family in minnesota so i have the place to myself." he smiles widely at me and i smile back and wrap my arms around his neck. "so, that means the house belongs to donah then." i give him a small smirk and he smirks back, pulling me closer to him, gently pressing his lips to mine. i immediately kiss back as our lips move in sync. he picks me up and brings me over to the couch and sits down, placing me in his lap. i wrap my legs around his waist and deepen the kiss, soon getting interrupted by a phone call. jonah pulls away as i pout, missing the feeling of his lips on mine. "hello? oh yeah, daniel's here mrs. seavey. we're working on a school project and we might not be done for awhile. he can stay over? okay, thank you. i'll be sure to tell him. bye mrs. seavey." jonah hangs up and smiles at me. "wanna watch a movie while we cuddle and kiss, cutie?" i nod as i cover my face. man, this boy knows that i blush easily. he uses it to tease me. "sure." i smile as he grabs the remote and puts on a movie. he then puts the remote back down and wraps his arms around me as we cuddle and occasionally kiss. 

~time skip~

jonah's point of view

daniel fell asleep halfway into the movie so i decided to carry him upstairs and lay him down in my bed. i was about to head to the guest bedroom when i felt him grab my hand. "stay with me.." he mumbles. i nod and switch the lights off and lay down next to him. i can't help but feel guilty because daniel and i are dating in secret.. i'm just not ready to tell any of my other friends. daniel found out whenever we first met. he told me that he could tell by how i always stare at guys and never at girls. i soon developed feelings for daniel and i asked him out. we've been dating ever since and i have never been happier.

zach's point of view

it is now midnight and i'm at the skateboard park by myself to clear my head. i can't stop thinking about jack. ever since i first talked to him and completely failed, i can't get him out of my mind. "want some company?" jack says, causing me to jump. "s-sure!" i stutter. stupid nerves.. he nods and smiles, getting on his board as we skate out of the skate park and onto the sidewalk. "so, zach, tell me a bit about yourself." he looks over at me as we continue to skate. "w-well.. i'm a fr-freshman a-and h-have three f-friends; daniel c-corbyn, a-and j-jonah." i give him a small smile. "well, i'm a junior and i have two friends so far which are gabbie and corbyn. would you like to be my friend?" he smiles at me. i nod rapidly and get off my board and hug him. he let's out a quiet chuckle and hugs back. wow, i feel so lucky.

A.N. : i get that this chapter mostly focused on donah and it's a jachary book, but eh, it's my book. i'll write it way i please. i also get that most of the characters weren't in chapter one. i promise, they will be in other chapters. just be patient with me please. leave any suggestions below and if you have criticism, hopefully it's constructive criticism because if it's anything else, i have a button called block and report. i have put a lot of work into this plot and the cover. if you steal either, i'll report then too. alright, i'm done talking now. i promise that there won't be an author's note in every chapter. only a few.