21

//I'm back biches

Some strange looks were shot at us from the students, since when somebody was walking after Snape, they were most likely being punished.

Lucius sent me a glare when we passed, and I just winked at him.

I followed him all the way to Dumbledore's office, where the staircase opened without the need of a password. We walked in, and Snape didn't seem relaxed anymore. Oh well.

Dumbledore was eating cookies when we arrived, and he smiled pleasantly.

"Wonderful, Severus, Nina. I heard Severus is very pleased with your capabilities, and have thus decided you are fit for a mission for the Order of the Phoenix. Mind you, it won't be easy, and you have all right to refuse, although I'd rather you not. Take a seat, Nina." he said, and I nodded, feeling my heart clench in nervous anticipation. Snape was standing near me, probably just as anxious to learn what was I going to be up to as I was.

"As you are aware, Lucius Malfoy is deeply connected with Death Eaters. Recently, Severus says the boy seemed increasingly nervous around Voldemort. He has informed that Voldemort said that during their next meeting, which is to be tomorrow, he will give out tasks to each of them. You will need to disguise yourself as Lucius, and attend a meeting." he said seriously. Before I could open my mouth to agree (danger is my middle name!), Snape spoke up.

"Albust, stop being foolish. She's not going to do it." he hissed. Dumbledore simply smiled.

"Severus, that is her decision to make." Dumbledore countered, and I met Snape's eyes. I didn't shield my mind, letting him hear my thoughts. He sneered.

"You can't be serious! Disguise yourself as a death eater! Wasn't it dangerous enough when you went to meet him that time? What if he sees through you?" he said angrily, and I flinched. Damn, he was scary when protective.

"He won't, you taught me Occlumency! Besides, it's great idea. Lucius doesn't tell me anything, except how Voldy trusts him. You know I'm capable." I said defiantly, and he shook his head with a sigh.

"You're foolish, insufferable, and too stubborn for your own good! Albus, you're unbelievable. She will get herself killed." he said, turning to Dumbledore desperately.

"Severus. We need this information, and Lucius won't tell. I'm afraid his mission will involve Nina, and in harmful ways. He won't be allowed to talk, and will comply, like he did last time. You said i yourself that The Dark Lord has been brainwashing the boy, giving him a lot of attention and making him seem important. We desperately need to know. If anything goes wrong... I trust you know what to do, Severus." he said solemnly, and I watched as a silent agreement passed among the two, Snape's face looking tortured while Dumbledore remained impassive.

"What have I missed?" I asked with fake enthusiasm, and they both shook their heads.

"None of your business. Albus, how do you suppose she brews the potion by tomorrow?" Snape questioned, and then turned towards me, "Come to think of it, how did you brew the potion? I'm fairly certain you didn't go picking herbs at full moon. I assumed you got Malfoy to buy it, but you look severely sleep deprived." he commented, and I rolled my eyes.

"Room of Requirement. But it refused to give me anything but the Polyjuice ingredients, exactly enough for a day's use. And I doubt it will give me anything else any time soon." I said, and Dumbledore chuckled.

"Ah, yes, it can be rather unpredictable. But no need to worry, I have a vial here, with Lucius's hair already in it." he told us, reaching out towards a drawer and sliding a vial over to me. 

"You will listen to Voldemort's request. It is likely he might require immediate results. He often asks followers to 'go and steal that' for him. If it is your life which is in danger, you must do your best to persuade him to drop it. Lucius is to much of a coward to say anything, so you must. Albus, think this through- we can use the truth serum on Malfoy and find out what we need to find out." Snape said, and Dumbledore shook his head once more.