Chapter 1: The life of (y/n)

Start from the beginning

After breakfast, I got out of my Batman Pajama t-shirt, and dressed into my (f/c) long sleeve sweater, got into some denim jeans and got my favourite sneakers. I thought of a certain friend that I should probably meet up with.

"Ready?" Nath smirked, as I grabbed my back from the living room. I rushed out quickly, "Why is such a rush?" mom yelled out, still in the kitchen. " I just remembered, Jon and I usually meet up around this time, and...!" I answered back, "I promised last week that we'll meet up at school this time."

A friend of mine that I met while visiting the farm with my foster mother years back. A few months later, Jon and I hit it off and started hanging out more. As you see, we've gotten closer.

"I have fifteen minutes to get there....see you soon, Nath!" I called out, as I slammed the door shut behind me.

The city of Metropolis was sunny, as usual, the sound of birds was blocked with the honking of cars and chattering of people passing by.

The citizens here were safe, knowing they were under the protection of superheroes like Superman, the symbol of peace. Wonder Woman and Batman usually came along, and some members of the Justice League, sometimes.

I always thought, there was more to Metropolis that meets the eye, I still haven't gone further out without adult supervision. There were laboratories, museums, parks, waterways, all sort of stuff that I needed to check off my bucket list.

I wasn't long until Metropolis high school came to view.

By the staircase, that leads up the school, stood a slim figure, a boy wearing a white and red baseball cap covering he's messing raving hair, wearing a black bifocal glasses. Before even entering the school, some students had stopped to greet him, to which I smile, 'He always has his way with people..'

The teenage boy wore a plaid red shirt over his black t-shirt, along with skinny jeans and black converse. He stood there, staring into the baby sky. He's ruffled black hair underneath that baseball cap of his, blew with the wind, a smile made its way for my lips, and yelled...

"Jon!" I waved my hand out, calling for my guy friend. Trying to gain his attention.

I was calling him from a far distance and can barely hear myself from all the noise going on around me as students and people pass by, the teenage boy didn't need me to yell his name a second time, he turned to where he heard my voice, showing off his pearl white teeth smile, and started heading my way. I find it incredible that in places like these, he still manages to spot me just by taking a quick look in the crowd.

"Hi (y/n)." my friend greeted, as we finally met up, it's only been five years, and his growth spurt popped out of nowhere. We used to be almost the same height when we were about thirteen at one point, now, his a head taller than me.

"I didn't see you at school yesterday, you were absent." I took the opportunity to ask about his disappearance, as we started climbing up the stairs to our school.

"Wait... did something happen back at the farm we used to hang around!?"I asked, distressed, thinking of all sorts of horrible scenarios.

"Did Mrs.Kent-I mean Lois get sick? Did your dad break an arm or something? Are you moving to? Oh God, please tell me your not--" Jon burst out a laugh at my panic stated, I felt my face go red, knowing I was overreacting.

"Thanks for worrying about me, but I'm fine, mom, dad, and I don't think I'll be moving anytime soon." We were now in our lockers, putting and getting what we needed for the first period.

"So...where exactly were you yesterday?" I asked It was none of my business, but Jon and I were usually comfortable talking to each other like this.

"O-oh well..." he avoided eye contact, looking elsewhere, then back at me, I had my arms crossed.