Chapter 1 : A New Start

It has been an amazing summer to Jem with all those fun times on vacation. Sadly, all of them has to end for the start for a new school year. She will be in middle school now and all of the kids around the neighborhood started to pack all their stuff to school to be stored on their lockers. But not for Jem, she doesn't want to make it complicated so she just packed several stationeries, a couple of notebooks and several textbooks.

"Jem, hurry up! Time to go to school!" said Jem's mom.

"I'm coming!" Jem said.

"Don't forget to have your breakfast dear. What do you want? Bacon and eggs?" Jem's mom asked.

"No that's too complicated. I am going to get myself some cereals." Jem said.

"Well okay then..." Jem's mom mumbled. It has been the first time Jem's mom see Jem being so simple. It might have been hard for her to lose her loving father last year at a car accident at the highway. Jem's father is hard working and probably the only one who is working for the family's good. Jem probably don't want to make her mom's life hard since she has to work now.

"I'm off to school! Bye mom!" Jem said as she took her lunch and snack with her while rushing to the school bus that is waiting for her outside.

"Bye dear!" Jem's mom said.

A fresh new start at a new school year. What could possibly go wrong on this school year. Unless all this simplicity has a challenge to itself.