Chapter 7

Dick pov
We finished and arrested the Al Ghuls, and took them to the first floor to await ARGUS to pick them up. I walked Ra's out and then I saw Maria laying on top of Aurora.
"Rick take him." I said as I pushed Ra's toward Rick.
I ran over to Maria. She was bleeding from her back.
"get a helicopter here now!" I yelled to Deadshot.
He called the helicopter. I ripped part of Maria's cloak and applied pressure to her back.
"There's a chopper on the way." Katana said.
"She...." Maria struggled to say.
"Don't speak baby, save your strength." I said as I held Maria in my arms and applied pressure to her back.
"Tell" Maria started saying. "Tell our...children." She was struggling to breath.
"Tell them yourself." I laid her down and started preforming CPR.
"Is Zo gonna be alright?" I heard Harley ask.
"I don't know Harley." I heard Deadshot say.
"Shut up!" I yelled as I did compressions.

Two helicopters landed near us. I picked Maria up.
"Don't give them any wiggle room. If they get the slightest chance to escape. They will." I yelled at Katana and Rick.
Croc growled. Boomerang and Croc went with Katana and Flag. Harley and Deadshot came with me and Maria.

I laid Maria on a gurney and climbed into the helicopter. Harley and Deadshot climbed In also. Two field doctors went to work.
"What happened?" One of the doctors asked.
"I don't know, she killed one sister, went after Talia, then shot her other sister before going after her body. Once we had arrested the Al Ghuls we brought them down and I found her laying on top of her sister's body." I said.

We flew to an ARGUS hospital. The helicopter landed and a crew of doctors and nurses ran and treated us. Maria's blood loss was getting critical. I ran after the gurney till they took her into surgery. I watched as they transferred her to an operating table.
"She's going into cardiac arrest." A nurse said.
"No!" I yelled.
Deadshot grabbed my arm and pulled me away from the window.
"Pull yourself together." He said. He took his mask off and I met his eyes.
"My wife is dying, I'm not loosing her again." I said.
"I know," Deadshot said.
"She lost it. She should have never came on this mission. When it comes to her family, it can make or break her." I Said.
"If it weren't for her sisters the world wouldn't have a Zodiac. You wouldn't be married and you wouldn't have four beautiful children." Deadshot said.
"How do you?" I asked.
"I know about your children because Maria changed me. She showed me the good in the world. While in Belle Reve, she helped me change for the good. I don't kill for hire, I'm a better father for my daughter. Till this mission I hadn't touched a gun." Deadshot said.
"I was wondering what you were doing since you got out." I said.
"If the league ever need my skills, give me a call." Deadshot said.

The three of us sat in the waiting room.
"Nightwing?" Harley said. I looked up.
"yes," I asked.
"You have a right to hate the squad. But Zo made us all better people. Although not all of us are at Floyd's radical change. We have made steps toward the light." Harley said.

A doctor came towards us. I stood up.
"How is she?" I asked.
"She's a fighter,"
"she always has been." I said.
"But she will never walk again." The doctor said.
I then remembered the device Felicity had implanted onto her spine, Diggle also had it in his hand for nerve damage.
"I have a friend at Helix Dynamics, they have a device that can be implanted onto the spine that will make her walk again. I can call Green Arrow and he can bring one." I said.
"Does it work?"
"It's the reason Overwatch can walk and Spartan can still use his hand. It works." I said.
"Call them." The doctor said.
I hacked into the Watchtower's com feed.
"Agent 37 to Green Arrow, come in Green Arrow." I said.
"Who is this?" Oliver said.
"This is Agent 37 of Spyral or as you know me as Nightwing."
"Richard what the hell!" He yelled at me.
"Hey you can beat me up later but Maria need your help. Can you get your hands on that same device that allows Felicity to walk, because Maria needs one." I said.
"I'm on my way." Oliver said.
"I'll send you my location." I said.

Within the hour Oliver arrived with the device. He gave it to the surgeon and they took it into the operating room.
"What happened?" Oliver asked.
"Her sisters happened. They and the Al Ghuls took over Tiepe. The Suicide Squad and I were call In to take care of them. Maria took on both her sisters, got thrown a out of a window. Got her magic back and fought her sisters killed one, attacked Talia, shot her other sister and went after her. She never came back up as we arrested the Al Ghuls. We came down and Maria was laying next to her sisters bodies bleeding. We got her here and found our her spinal cord had been severed." I said.
"Thanks allowing me to help." He said.

•••

After a few more hours, the doctor came in.
"She's out of the surgery, and is resting now. We'll keep her till the morning then we'll let you take her." The doctor said. I nodded.
"Can I see her?" I asked.
"Right this way." The doctor took us back and I went into the room where Maria was.

She still had her mask on. I went over to her And I took my normal seat next to her bedside. I put the Spyral contacts in, that way anyone else who saw me wouldn't know it was me. I wiped the blood out from under my eye.
A message came in from Spyral, "Agent 37, what is your location?" The message said.
I knew now They were listening. I took the contact out and left the building and went a couple blocks away. I put the contact back in.
"I'm in Bangkok, I had to deal with one personal business." I said.
"Is it dealt with?" The new message read.
"No It's not. Give me 24 hours and it will be dealt with." I said.
"We will send Agent 1 to your location when your time is up." Them He message ready.
"10-4," I said.

I took the contact out and wiped the blood from my eye again. I returned to the hospital. Maria still hasn't woken up.

_______________________
A/n: Hope you enjoyed this chapter.
-Zodiac