shrine

Jirachi and Ugo had spoken briefly about her situation. As soon as she was released into the world, no doubt, the Magi of this world would sense her, the Rukh would alert them of such an anomaly.

Ugo placed limiters on her, which will only last until she willingly breaks them; essentially only making her a above-average magician.

Which was annoying, in her opinion.

But she had to start her foundation. Yes, she was a powerful being, but her people were nothing without their followers- those who made wishes. People come to their shrines out of wonder and soon become believers. But to make a wish, there must be an offering.

Nothing in the world is free, and now that it was down to only her, she would need to work hard.

Arriving in a desolate area, she began using her magic to help her build her shrine. While she had limits, something like this wasn't strenuous in any way. Manual labor was required, yes, but she just needed the elements to make it all possible.

Recreating her peoples' shrine was difficult in itself, there was so much that went into it. Her people loved details; intricate designs and carvings, to make the simplest of things beautiful.

The final touch to her shrine was to add her home, and that would truly make it a Wish Makers shrine.

She brought out a lantern, a blue fire lighting it, small orbs floating around it, hanging it over the pedestal for offerings, and closed her eyes and letting herself get sucked into the lantern.

After a hard few days of work, she deserved a good rest, no?

*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•**

"What is this place?"

"I don't know, but it looks new."

"No kidding, this wasn't here before."

"Look, it's an alter. I've read about this, you're supposed to put an offering and you'll get something in return!"

"Where did you read that?"

"Some book I found."

"So you stole it."

There was boisterous laughter, talking, conversations that didn't matter to her. People came and went, travelers curious about the small shrine in the middle of nowhere, until suddenly the loud men came back with what seemed to be soldiers to show them the place they had found.

"See, check it out. It looks just like the illustration in this book!"

"Huh, what do you know..."

"Offer something, then. If it's what it is in that book, you get a wish out of it!"

"A wish, huh..." 

There was some shuffling, and Jirachi opened her eyes, power seeping into her. 

Someone had made an offering.

"I wish I had some good alcohol."

"I wish I had a good looking lady to have some fun with." 

Her eyes narrowed, these men were pigs, was there anyone worthy of her services?

"I wish I could go back to see my family..."

She paused, smiling.

Now that is a wish worthy of granting.

She giggled, watching the man jump, only he would hear her voice.

"What a wonderful request," she tilted her head, "your wish is my command, dear soldier."

"Did you guys hear that?" the man asked, looking around in shock. "Tell me I'm going crazy."

"Hear what? What are you talking about?"

"You guys didn't hear someone talking?"

"No, we've been waiting for something to happen, but there's nothing-"

"Guys! The food is gone!" 

"What?"

"Someone stole the offering, what the hell!"

But the man, who had heard the voice, stared in shock. There was no way that this was real, right? One of them had to have just taken the food for themselves.

Although...

Maybe, just maybe, if he believes, his wish may come true.

"Thank you."

And if her heard a tinkling giggle, he didn't say anything about it.

*•̩̩͙⊱••••✩••••̩̩͙⊰•**