Chapter 6: Catch Me If You Can

Start from the beginning

  "What is this?" She broke the still silence of the night.

  "What is what?" I asked her in confusion.

  "This thing you're doing. First, you kiss Miranda. Then, you kiss me. Which I enjoyed... But, it feels like you're just pulling on two ends of a string that's about to break! If that honestly makes any sense..."

  "It makes sense. May I explain?"

  "I'm listening." January looked down at her shoes with a neutral expression.

  "Look. I am so, so, so, so, so, so, so, so sorry. I would say that a billion times to you right now if I could. Miranda kissed me, but I didn't kiss her back. I swear. She didn't even mean the kiss. It was just ya know, an instinct. For her. I'm sorry about that. I'm sorry if you took it the wrong way. But... Tell me. Why would you? Take it the wrong way I mean." I looked straight at her even though she refused to make eye contact with me.

  "Apology accepted. I... I, huh, well, did you watch the last part of my video when I sang Distances?" she quickly looked up. I smirked at her.

  "Of course I watched it. But, it's only a celebrity crush. It doesn't mean you have real feelings for me, does it?" I scrunched my eyebrows. "January, please look into my eyes." January finally looked up at me and she had tears ready to fall. Her eyes gleamed more brightly now that her eyes reflected more light. She cupped the sides of my face in her hands.

  "You're really stupid you know?"

  "Yeah?" I quirked an eyebrow at her.

  "Yeah. Think fast." she smirked at me and she closed the inch of space between our lips. I kissed her back, but the kiss only lasted about five seconds.

  "Okay. I officially know what the answer is." I grinned sheepishly at her.

  "Oh. Such a smart bloke." January touched the place where her heart would be in her chest.

  "I know! Ha ha."

  "One more thing."

  "What is it, babe?" I took a step back.

  "If we're gonna do this, you need to be all in." she yelled to me as the rain started pouring harder, her hair drooping, eyelashes grazed lightly with droplets, face drenched. I took a step forward, connecting the tips of my Converse to her wedges.

  "I'm all in." I grinned cheekily at her.

  "All right. Extraordin- Harry." January enveloped me in a huge hug, leaning back a bit. "Isn't it the perfect night to go dancing in the rain?" she yelled in my ear.

  "Let's do this!" I tugged her forward and she yelped. I put my left hand on her waist and I brought her right hand to my shoulder, leaving my right hand and her left hand clasped. I brought my forehead to her's and we swayed lightly to the melody of no music. I smiled and closed my eyes, enjoying the moment at hand.

  I really dunno how long we stayed like that, nor did I really care.

  I laughed lightly at nothing in particular and I kissed January's moist lips, not giving her enough time to react.

  "We should get going. They must be wondering where we are by this time." I stopped the slow dance, but held onto her hand.

  "Yeah..." she said awkwardly. 

  I grinned evilly. "Let's go." I took off in a run down the street.

  "Hold on!" I then stopped and turned towards her. She took off her wedges and held them with two fingers, leaving her barefoot. She then walked us over to the nearest trash can and threw the wedges in. "Green light!" That was my cue to take off running with our hands clasped together. Her feet made loud pitter patters across the street and my shoes created small splashes. I sometimes pulled her forward and I would twirl her around, this time pulling her into me for a dip. "Oh God! This is the best rainy day ever!" she screamed, throwing her arms and her head out. She stuck her tongue out and tasted the rain. I chuckled at her actions and did the same. I grabbed her hand and ran with her hot on my heels. She kept yelping and shouting as we neared the hotel.

  "Did you ever realize that we never got the tea for Niall, Liam, or Louis?" my voice rang out through the stillness of the air.

  "Oh frik! Niall's gonna freaking freak the freak out! Ha ha!" she shouted back.

  "You bet!" I laughed. I suddenly turned around and I swiftly scooped her up in my arms in bridal style, going in circles.

  "Okay, this is way better than the chair I have at home!" she joked between fits of laughter.

  "You're comparing me to a chair?" I asked in fake shock.

  "No, because you look way better than the chair in my room. And you're more fun to be with. And more amusing to spin around with." January laughed at her reply.

  "Okay, I'm drawing the line here. No more talking about your chair. Because you are really starting to make me feel like one!" I told her in a non- serious manner.

  "Aw! You're not a chair! I can't do this to my chair!" she kissed my lips as I slowed down the spinning. She stuck her tongue out and licked my nose, making me scrunch it up. "I really can't do that to my chair 'cause I'd look like a mad woman!"

  "You are one!"

  "Well you're a mad man."

  "Touche." I grinned and threw her up into the air, making her land in my arms in her original position. She yelped as she landed in my arms.

  "I thought I was gonna die."

  "I would never let you die. If you die, I would never let you go. Just so you know." I got serious, composing my glowing face to a straight one.

  "Glad to know. But if I died, I wanna be in your arms. Forever." her smile brightened up the dark scenery. I smiled lopsidedly at her response and ran towards the hotel with her in my arms. Once we got in the lobby, I softly put her down and we raced to the open elevator doors like we were the only human beings on this planet.

A/N: HOW MANY TIMES DID THEY FREAKING KISS IN THIS CHAPTER? COMMENT! BLEH. I FEEL QUEASY WHEN I WRITE THESE KISSING SCENES OR ROMANTIC SCENES IN MY STORIES BECAUSE I'VE NEVER HAD MY FIRST KISS YET, NOR HAVE I HAD ANY ROMANTIC RELATIONS. HAHA. I THINK I JUST READ TOO MANY ROMANCE NOVELS AND I THINK I WATCH TOO MANY ROMANTIC COMEDIES...! ANYWAYS, SORRY FOR NOT BEING THE BEST UPLOADER! I FEEL HORRIBLE. X(   I HOPE YOU GUYS ENJOYED THIS CHAPTER! PLEASE VOMMENT (VOTE/ COMMENT)!!!! I REALLY WANNA KNOW WHAT YOU CARROTTOPS THINK ABOUT THIS BOOK SO FAR!   

  XXXXXXX,

  CARROTGURL