Azrael

Paul headed through the terminal, not needing a map to find Jared and Annie; Jared was loudly singing Taylor Swift's You Belong With Me at high volume and remarkably off key while skipping around a very embarrassed Annie. He couldn't help but smile: despite everything, he had landed with a lot of luck. Jared was a great friend, fiercely loyal and always quick with a joke. There were a lot of things in his life that he would change but Jared wasn't one of them; he knew for a fact that Jared would risk everything for him.

As he stood there, watching Annie turn every shade of red on the colour spectrum, a sweet smell wafted up his nose. It smelled of flowers and coconut; he knew that scent well. He closed his eyes and took a deep breath, waiting.

"Hello, stranger," A smooth voice said.

Paul let out his breath, a sigh of sorts and turned. A beautiful, raven-haired woman smiled back at him. She had a defined jaw and cheekbones, piercing eyes and silky black hair; shaved on one side and long on the other, combed over to the right and hanging to her jaw.

Paul nodded. "Eden, a pleasure as always."

Eden smiled back and gave him a wink. "What brings you to my neck of the woods?" Her accent seemed to shake between Finnish and Australian. She had spent a lot of time in Finland in her younger years, if people like her and Paul ever had younger years. God, Childhood seemed so long ago...

Paul let out an exhausted breath. "You know why we are here. You are Azrael's Assistant. I was under the impression you had been told of our coming."

Eden cocked her head and stared at him, confused. "Of course I knew you were coming; I'm here, aren't I?"

Paul smiled and turned away, heading over to Jared, who was now pirouetting for no other reason than he couldn't stay still for more than five seconds. Eden sighed and wandered over to them. Annie looked up as she approached, giving her best smile.

Eden stopped with a cock of her hip and pointed an upturned finger at Annie. "And who might you be?" She asked, slightly more aggressively than she'd meant.

Annie opened her mouth to reply but Jared grabbed her chin and flapped her mouth up and down like a puppet. "My name is Jeff," He said for her.

Annie sighed and slapped his hand away. "I'm Annie," She said, holding her hand out.

Eden stared at it then looked up at her. "And you're here because...? Are you Jared's new Assistant?"

Annie looked over at Jared, unsure why Eden was being so hostile. Jared scratched his chin and turned to Paul who simply sighed and looked at his feet.

"Annie is with me," He said draping an arm over her shoulders. She reached up and grabbed his hand, smiling.

Eden sighed and smiled. "I'm sorry, Love," She said, stepping forward and pulling Annie into a hug. "You caught me in an off mood." Jared noticed her eyes dart towards Paul.

Paul piled all the bags onto a luggage trolley and headed for the door without a word. Jared felt his heart sink for Eden. Poor girl, she was so nice. It was a shame that Paul would only break her heart. He followed after him, the two girls in tow; arm in arm. Annie seemed slightly uncomfortable, but once Eden had you, there was no escaping.

The doors slid open and Annie found Jared crawling across the ground, groaning. She pulled away from Eden and raced over to him.

"What the fuck happened?" She panicked.

Jared rolled onto his back, face twisted in mock agony. "It's so hoooooot!" He grumbled, fake crying. He flailed his limbs. "Paul, bring me an air conditioner."