Chapter 24

(A/N: Listen to the song "Long Distance" by Megan and Liz while reading this chapter. Begin it now!)

I sat in the pouring rain, watching as the leaves on the trees blew in the breeze. It had been almost a week and a half. A week and a half since Niall and I had broken up.

I never stopped thinking about him. And what I had done...it was the worst mistake I'd ever made. I expected the name calling, the teasing, the rumors to stop... And while they somewhat did, they were still going on. I thought I made it easier on me by breaking up with him... but the truth is, I was more miserable, more depressed than I was before.

I looked for him... But he was no where to be found. He skipped all the classes I had with him, he dissappeared at lunch...

I missed his smell.

His eyes.

His hugs.

His taste.

I was empty without him... I was sad.

I was a mess.

The tears fell down my cheeks as I thought more and more about what I'd done to the silly frat boy I'd fallen in love with. The rain didn't do me any justice, falling down in thick jets and running my mascara down my cheeks.

I sat up from the park bench, walking along the dimly lit path. I'd been out here since dinner, and it was getting dark now.

As I walked, I couldn't help but think back to all the things we did together.

The way he protected me.

The way he wrapped me in his arms, and squeezed me against him when we hugged.

The way he tried to kiss me when I was in the middle of talking.

His kisses... I missed them the most. I missed him so much. And this was all because of me.

I felt disconnected from the world.

The hate and name calling had begun to stop... but the pain sure as hell didn't.

The pain continued.

I stared at my wrist, where I'd cut myself. I'd done it... right after he left.

I shut my eyes, remembering what he'd said to me that night...

"I hate you. I never loved you!"

The words tasted like bile in the back of my mouth.

He hadn't meant it... had he?

I tried calling... I left messages. But he never answered. All I got was the lonely dial tone, echoing through the phone.

I put my hands to my face, the tears never ending. I missed him so fucking much... but he was gone.

I had gotten so attached to him...Hell, I never imagined that the boy I hated at first would be the one that I'd fall head over heals in love with. I felt so alone that night... Becca had tried to comfort me, but nothing she said helped. All I had left were memories.

Memories of our love.

I looked up at the sky, the rain falling even harder.

"I miss you," I whispered, my head dropping, " I miss you so much."

I wished I could take it all back.

I wish I could take back what I said.

I wished I could take back the day I'd ever moved here.