Chapter 4

Finally, I'd gotten settled. After hours and hours of unpacking, Becca and I had emptied our boxes, stacking them into the closet for later use. Our room was settled, and life seemed to be going fairly well.

The first week of school came and went. I'd seen some of the people that Becca had introduced me to at the party, and had even made some new friends of my own. Everyone here was so lovely, even the teachers. My week had gone great, aside from one occasion that I just couldn't shake off...

I'd been looking for that boy, Niall, but never saw him. Until one day...

I'd been at the library studying with Kate (Whom I decided to be friends with. No one deserves to be treated meanly right?).

Well, we'd been sitting there a while, when suddenly, I felt her shaking my arm. I looked up from my book, annoyed that I'd been interrupted.

"What?!" I growled.

"There's. A boy. Looking. At you!" she mumbled through gritted teeth. I looked towards the direction she'd been staring at, only to see Niall, fingering through the books on a shelf. He glanced over at me, smiling.

I quickly looked away, a blush rising on my cheeks. Becca's advice popped into my head...she'd told me to stay away. Without hesitation, I yanked Kate up by the arm, hurrying out of there as fast as possible.

The entire way back to our dorm she bothered me with questions about him.

"Who was that?! Why was he staring at you?! Does he like you!?" she rambled. She would not shut up! I ended up slamming the door in her face when we'd finally arrived back.

I hesitated as I entered the room, Becca watching me curiously. I told her what had happened, once again earning a warning from her about being careful. But it was harder than it looked. How were you supposed to stay away from someone you were so interested in?

-----------Friday Night-----------

"Aw, Ronnie, come on! Enough is enough. Just come and party, you're in college for Christ's sake!" Becca whined, tugging at my sleeve.

Yet again, she was invited to another blowout party. She tried to get me to go yet again, only this time, I had wanted to stay in to catch up on some homework.

"Don't be a dork," she'd told me.

Her nagging had gone on for about 10 minutes when I finally decided to put her out of her misery and go.

"Fine," I grumbled, following her outside. I had so much studying to do... it was only the first week, but I still didn't know a wink of Britain's history, other than things associated with the U.S.  Unfortunately I'd have to spend some other night trying to catch up, because of this dumb party.

We ended up at the same place the last party had been at. But this time, it seemed even wilder than before.

This time around, someone had brought weed, the makeshift pipes taking place of the red paper cups I'd noticed last time in the hands of the kids on the lawn.

I'd been so busy looking around, I'd lost Becca again, which for some reason, wasn't a surprise to me.

-----11 pm-----

"Bec, I'm gonna head back!" I called, waving to her.

She rolled her eyes, waving me off before turning and dancing with Adam again. I huffed an exhausted breath, walking out alone.

The air chilled me as it hit my skin, goose bumps taking place. It was funny... although I had wanted to be away from him, I'd found myself searching for Niall all night. But there was no sign of him.