Chapter 37

(I recommend listening to "I Don't Wanna Miss This" by Tyler Ward while reading this chapter! Start playing it now if you're planning on it (: )
----------------------------------------------It was right around 2 am when I woke up. I turned, ready to cuddle up next to Niall. Only.....

He wasn't there.

Where the hell was he?

I began to panic when suddenly, I heard something. I grabbed the baby monitor, holding it up to my ear.

Someone was singing.

And it was the most beautiful thing I'd ever heard.

I silently crept out of the bedroom, tiptoeing towards the room that Emily was sleeping in. The singing got louder as I neared the entrance of the door.

When I finally reached the room, my mouth dropped open in shock at the sight in front of me.

There was Niall, rocking Emily in his arms.

I stood, trying to figure out where the beautiful singing was coming from, when I realized....

it was Niall.

My heart melted and broke right then and there. I looked at Emily, clinging to him, her eyes shut and a small smile on her little face.

Niall's eyes were closed, too, as he sang in a soft whisper. My hand went to my mouth as I leaned against the doorframe, closing my own eyes as I listened to the sweet words tumble from his mouth. I couldn't stop the image running through my head.

Niall, holding sweet little Emily, in his tanned, toned arms. The smile on his face as he sang. He looked like......

Like a father.

He looked like he belonged like that. With a baby in his arms.

I couldn't wipe the smile off my face.

I watched as he took her tiny hand in his, kissing the place where she had fallen earlier today. I swear, I saw her smile grow as he kissed it.

His next words made me tear up, as he sang,

"I see the sun set down on your smile

this is where I lay my fears back down

You're the song that I'm singing,

You're my end and beginning,

I see the sun set down on your smile.

And you save me now, like you saved me then

And you show me how, to feel again

And I, I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna miss this.

I don't wanna, I don't wanna, I don't wanna mess this up..."

He gently set her back down in he crib as he finished his beautiful song. I watched as he stared at her a minute, before whispering,

"Goodnight, little princess."

And that was it.

That was where I lost it. The tears streamed down my cheeks, a wobbly smile on my face. I sniffled, causing him to turn around. His eyes widened when he saw me.

"R-Ron! What are you doing awake?! I-I can explain, Emily started crying and I didn't wanna wake ya up and so I came in here an thought maybe singin would calm her, and... w-why are ya cryin?" He asked, out of breath from having talked so much.

I smiled bigger, walking up to him and wrapping my arms around him.

"That was amazing, Niall. You are amazing." I cried, leaning up and kissing his cheek.

He looked confused as he wrapped his arms around me, a frown etched into his face.

"What do ya mean?"

I sniffled, wiping my tears away.

"You have such a beautiful voice. And the way she clung to you... god, Niall, it was just so beautiful. The whole damn thing," I explained, the tears forming in my eyes again.

He smiled weakly, turning his attention to Emily as she stirred in her crib

"Let's talk somewhere else... I don't wanna wake her up," he whispered, pulling me back to bed. We slipped in next to each other, tangling ourselves up with one another.

"Why didn't you tell me you could sing? Niall, your voice... your voice is amazing. And just for the record? I knew you loved her. Her and Theo. I knew it was a scam from the beginning, this whole tough guy act."

He sighed, resting his head upon mine.

"I just didn't want you to think I was a softy...I.... truth is, I love kids. They're amazing to me... but please, just, can we talk about this tomorrow? I'm exhausted."

I nodded, kissing him deeply before resting my head back on his chest.

"Goodnight, Ni," I whispered.

"Night, Ron."

I smiled as I thought about what had just occurred. Not only had Niall just proved to me that he was capable of love and compassion...

But he had just made me fall in love with him, even more.