More Than Enough

"I'm here to see Alexandria Sullivan."

Immediately after hearing of Quinn's unexpected predicament, Paloma and Ava dropped Siberia off at home and made a beeline for the hospital, cutting off each and every vehicle that got in their way. If not for the distraction of the urgent situation, both women would've pondered how they managed to safely arrive at their destination.

Despite the gargantuan size of the hospital, Paloma made it to the front desk in record time. Four years of running track in high school finally came in handy.

The brunette's speech was frantic, her breathing erratic while the words breathlessly spilled from her lips following the anxiety spike. The statement nearly came out as one indistinctive word, even so, she was certain that the receptionist understood.

Paloma realized her assumption was correct once the woman tore her gaze from the computer screen before her and finally met her gaze, her expression humorless.

The cat-eye styled glasses sat perched at the tip of her nose as she held out a stack of papers that clung snugly to a clipboard, a pen accompanying the pair.

Paloma cocked her eyebrow and made no attempt to take the items from the woman.
"Alexandria Sullivan," she enunciated again, this time through clenched teeth. "Where is she?"

The woman's dull voice matched her colorless attire, "You'll need to fill out this paperwork first."

The elder Sullivan tensed her jaw in attempts to keep her rising anger at bay. "I'll do it after I see her, alright? Now, would you just check the damn screen and tell me where she is?"

Paloma inhaled sharply once the woman shook her head, the neat, blonde bun atop of her head remained motionless as she did so. "Paperwork first, patient second," she affirmed. "Company policy."

She raised the clipboard a bit higher, hoping that the brunette would finally accept it, but she was sadly mistaken.

"That's a stupid policy," Paloma spit back. "Just tell me where she is and I'll get outta your hair."

The blonde wore a condescending smile. "I'm sorry, ma'am but that's not gonna happen."

"Look, lady—"

Ava intervened once she noted the vicious snarl that accompanied Paloma's narrowed eyes. She was all too familiar with the glare and she didn't want the already tense situation to spiral even further out of control.

To the receptionist's relief, Ava took the clipboard into her own hands. "I'll take care of the paperwork," her calm and steady voice somehow managed to quiet the two women, however, their intense scowl still bored into one another relentlessly. "When can we see a doctor?"

The blonde finally wavered under Paloma's intense glare and met Ava's gentle, green eyes. She let out a soft sigh and readjusted her glasses, her gaze retreating back to the screen of the monitor. "Sullivan, right?" she muttered.

Once Ava granted her a nod the woman quickly tapped her fingers across the keyboard. After a moment, her vexed expression dispersed. "Soon," she assured, her eyes—now less hardened—looked back and forth between the women. "It should be soon."

Ava smiled courteously and made her way to an adjacent waiting area, Paloma stayed close by as the redhead dragged her along, pulling them both down into the nearest seats.

"You gotta calm down, okay?" Ava whispered.

"How the hell am I supposed to calm down when they won't even let me see her?" Paloma matched her hushed tone, though her words held a fierceness that wasn't present in Ava's command. "That lady was being such a bitch."