Home Run

"Sorry about the movie," Charlie grimaced slightly as he shut the front door.

"It's okay, we were pretty late getting there, we should've known it'd be sold out," Quinn chuckled.

Charlie tucked his hands into the back pockets of his gray joggers and sighed. However, a smirk eased its way onto his light pink lips once realization dawned on him. "Well, maybe this is actually a good thing."

The redhead creased her brow in confusion. "What do you mean?"

"Well," he stepped closer to Quinn, gently placed his hands on her hips, and pulled the girl closer to him, "my grampa's not home, he won't be until late tonight. The diner's usually swamped on Fridays. And since neither of us has to work, we have the whole place to ourselves for the next few hours."

Quinn clicked her tongue a few times as she the eyed the boy. "Charlie, you sly dog, was this your plan all along? Smart man."

The boy playfully rolled his eyes, grabbed her hand, and led her up the staircase.

Once they entered Charlie's room, Quinn's eyes danced across the midnight blue paint that stained the boy's bedroom walls in the most mesmerizing way. The evening sunshine poured in through his window and illuminated the color completely.

She noticed the level of neatness that his room held, it was much tidier than her own. His shoes were placed neatly beneath his king sized bed, there was not one article of clothing that was where it shouldn't be and most impressively, he didn't have a chair full of miscellaneous items that most people tended to have. Everything seemed to have a place.

Her gaze traveled to the large, mahogany desk that was stationed directly in front of his bedroom window. On it sat at least four or five different pictures of the couple that they'd taken with an old fashion Polaroid. Quinn smiled warmly at the photographs. She remembered each and every one of them as if the events in the pictures had only occurred yesterday.

She lifted one of the framed pictures from his desk and studied it carefully. "I didn't know you kept so many pictures of us."

Charlie smiled timidly and shrugged his shoulders. "Well, yeah, of course."

"You know, I don't think I've been in your room for more than five seconds this entire time we've been together," the girl laughed to herself.

"Really?"

"Yeah, for the most part, we're either out or at my house and the few times that we are here, your grampa's usually here too so, we always stay downstairs. I've never really noticed, but your room's really nice and I think you're the neatest person I've ever met," she snickered.

The mattress dipped as Charlie sat down on the bed and watched Quinn slowly walk around the room, her hands touching everything that she passed. She eventually sauntered into his spacious closet with a grin plastered on her lips.

"You enjoying yourself in there?" Charlie chuckled.

After a few moments, Quinn finally emerged from the closet, only this time, she was holding something in her hand. "Whoa, what's this?"

"Oh my God," Charlie shook his head as he approached the girl and ran his hands along the soft fabric that brought back a plethora of happy memories. He couldn't help but smile. "I forgot about this."

Quinn's gaze traveled along the wrinkle free white pants and yellow jersey that accompanied the baseball cap that had their school's name printed on it in a beautiful royal blue color. "What's this?"

Charlie shrugged, "It's my old baseball uniform."

"Wait, what?" the redhead gasped. "You played baseball? You never told me that."