"Yes," she pumped her fist in the air and went to the crystal ball, she lifted up the silken cloth and found some dollar bills and a handful of cents.

She removed the bundle of dollars. Ugh, at least she left me this.

Mia pocketed the money and although she was careful not to look in the ball this time, she couldn't help but give it a glance as she turned to leave but the ball was blank, empty, seeming just like the other ordinary crystal balls.

Mia shook her head and hurriedly left the room to head for the front door. She tried to be as quiet as possible to not wake her Aunt or the maids.

Even if she woke, she won't stop me from escaping instead would encourage me to go ahead, run away darling.

Mia smiled to herself as she quietly slipped out of the silent house and onto the road.

Well that was easy.

She took one last look at the dark, looming mansion before turning away.

I'm free.

She began to walk in the direction the road wound to.

Now what.

She kept on walking, entering a dark alley keeping a sharp eye out for suspicious strangers and drunk drivers. She jumped suddenly as a trashcan was turned over and a cat yowled loudly, the now-awake Ivory meowed in response as Mia hurried out of the alley and to the main road. Her stomach rumbled again.

I'm so hungry, Ivory must be too.

As she walked she kept looking for some sort of shop where she could buy something to eat. The night grew darker and more silent as a chilly breeze blew and Mia felt cold. She rubbed her hands over her arms.

I should get my cardigan out .

She perched on the footpath and opened her bag to take out her cardigan. She pulled it over her shoulders and put Ivory in the deep pocket who snuggled comfortably against the soft, warm material of the cardigan. When she stood up she was shocked to see pinpricks of bright light in the distance.

They weren't there before..

Mia ran towards it as the pinpricks of light grew closer and morphed into a pretty, neon sign.

"Miranda's Delicatessen. Open 24/7. Where we serve you like royalty!"

Mia smiled and rushed towards the pastel-painted entrance. A bell chimed softly as she opened the glass door. The shop was vacant except for a young woman behind the counter staring at her.

"Umm Hi," Mia said awkwardly, her dark gaze made her uncomfortable.

"Oh my god! I mean yes? How can I help you?", she muttered as she jumped up excitedly."What do you require princess?,"

What? How does she know?

"Princess?," Mia questioned, hoping to get some answers from her.

She smacked her head apologetically,"It..It's just the slogan of m..my sh..shop, we treat everyone li..like royalty!," she stuttered.

Why is she so excited? Or maybe nervous

"Oh alright," Mia smiled

"I..I am Jes..I mean Miranda, what can I get you, princ..princess?", Miranda cracked her knuckles nervously.

"Umm I was hoping to buy some iced buns and something for my kitten," Mia patted her pocket gently and pointed to the iced buns.

"Sure, why not!? Anything else?," Miranda almost yelled.

"No that'll be it, thank you," Mia replied curtly as she stared at Miranda who was staring back at her. A few seconds went by and this staring-contest followed before Miranda jumped up, clapped her hands excitedly, did a bow and went to the shelves displaying the buns.

Well..Alessandro I have found the perfect wife for you..

Miranda bustled here and there to pack her order as Mia thought about her next step.

"So are you here a...alone?," Miranda interrupted Mia's thoughts. Mia looked up to see Miranda placing 6 buns in a box meant for four and had tape on her forehead. Mia shook her head.

Miranda smiled sadly and kept staring at Mia as she kept piling up buns in the box, not caring as they slipped to the floor." That's a pretty bracelet, It can come in handy too," she commented.

"Thanks, Miranda do you need help?," Mia asked and went to the other side of the counter.

She doesn't seem to be okay..

"Oh no your highness, your parents wouldn't like..I mean I wouldn't like royalty to work!", Miranda grinned.

"Oh no, it's okay," Mia smile uncomfortably, took a new box and put four buns in it.

"Th.Thankyou!," Miranda said and handed her a packet of cat biscuits. Mia took it from her and noticed her hand was shaking.

"Thank you, how much for it?," Mia took out the money.

"Oh no no no, tsk tsk tsk, I'd never take money from you," Miranda said fumbling with her hands."I ...I mean these buns are free for you!".

For you...?

"O..kay? And how much for the biscuits?."

"Free," Miranda breathed out and laughed nervously."Oh time to close up, I'm sorry."

Miranda started pushing Mia gently to the door."but isn't this supposed to be open for-", Miranda opened the door, shoved Mia out and bustled back in.

"...24 hours," Mia completed her sentence in a daze,"What just happened?." The lights of the shop closed and soon the sign flickered and died out too leaving Mia in utter darkness.

She sat on a wooden bench a little distance from the delicatessen and  gave Ivory her snack who munched it up greedily. She unwrapped her iced buns and bit into the delicacy, they were soft and sugary and delicious. Within seconds she had eaten every bun and now she was full and feeling sleepy.

"I'll start fresh tomorrow," Mia mumbled as she lay on the bench and soon fell asleep with Ivory cuddled close for warmth.