Chapter Eighteen

"Whatever it is that we have to talk about can wait until the sun is visible over the-," I swung open my bedroom door and paused when I turned on my light. "Why are you on my bed?" Casey looked up at me and smiled a little.

"I came to see if you wanted to hang out, but then Gabbie told me you went out with David so I insisted that I stayed and...my argument isn't looking so good right now is it," Casey paused and stared at the wall for a moment, I guess as a resort tot try and save himself. I crossed my arms and plopped on my bed. I watched Gabbie shove through the doorway and plop down as well. They both looked at me intently, I guess waiting for me to spill my evening.

"You guys are so fucking nosy. Fine! Okay, whatever," I mumbled as I sat against the wall. "So we got food, nothing really happened there. We went to his house, hung out there for awhile," I paused, hoping maybe they'd leave me alone for the night so I could actually get some sleep. The hour I slept cuddling against David on his couch didn't exactly do me any justice.

However, they both continued to stare at me, Gabbie quickly ushering me to continue.

"Oh my God," I mumbled. "What makes you think I have anything else to say?"

"Because when I opened the door, you were holding hands! You kissed each other, on the face! And I'm pretty sure before I opened the door you guys kissed, but on the lips," Gabbie said it was if she was a five year old, listening to her parents explain kissing to her for the first time. Casey gasped and looked at Gabbie.

"Kissed," he exclaimed dramatically. Gabbie nodded in reply and Casey snapped his head towards me. "Spill! Spill it all!"

I held up my hands in surrender before this turned into a massive three-way argument.

"Alright! Shut the fuck up and I will okay...I just realized something. Why are we always talking about my life problems in my room?"

"Oh my god that's not important and you know it. Shut up about stupid stuff and tell us what's going on between you and David, because that's what is important to us!"

"Fine...when we got to his house, we did just kind of talk for awhile, but then he got up and went down the hall to grab wine-"

"Underage drinking? LAPD is shaking!"

I paused, staring at the wall behind their heads and waited for their giggling to die down.

"You done," I asked quietly and they both immediately stopped, quickly saying their apologies before going back to listening to what I have to say. "Okay and then he poured us a glass, and I started drinking. He made a joke about what happened at his birthday and I stormed out of the house. He ran after me, he said a dumb, sweet monologue about how much he still loved me and..," I dozed off a little with a smile on my face as I played with my fingers. I still can't even fathom that this night actually happened.

"Well," Casey hit my knee and I looked up from my heaven-like state. I blinked at him before replying with an audible 'hm.' He ushered for me to continue and I nodded a little bit in understanding.

"Oh yeah. He said sorry and that beautiful monologue, and he meant it. Like literally meant it, I was honestly just proud of him for actually taking responsibility for his actions."

"Honestly I would have been too," Gabbie mumbled in reply and I nodded in her direction.

"Right? Anyways, Uhm I didn't know exactly how to respond back to his 'I love you' paragraph of his speech so my solution was to you know just kiss him," I shrugged as if it was the most nonchalant thing I've ever said in my life. Casey and Gabbie's jaws dropped and I just shrugged.