Chapter Four

What would be the perfect word to describe the next few days after telling Liza my most coveted secret?

Pure hell

I was still new to the group, even if I did manage to weasel my way in almost two months ago. I've been used to seeing everyone at least one time everyday. Whether it was everyone piling in at David's for no apparent reason, chilling with Scotty, Todd, and Jason on the back patio watching everyone toss wine bottles at each other, or joining in with Zane and Heath on their usual coffee talks.

I'm always around them, and knowing that a good portion of the group was still on the other side of the country in Chicago was actually killing me.

Do I sound pathetic? Yes, maybe I do.

Do I have other people I can do stuff with and talk to? Yeah, maybe I do.

It's not exactly like I miss the boys...well I do. Don't get me wrong about that.

I miss David.

One more question, then I swear I'll be done. Do I sound like a pathetic teenager in love?

Hell yeah I do, because I guess I'm turning into a pathetic teenager in love.

------

Once I received the memo that the boys were coming home really late tonight, I literally sat by my phone the whole afternoon and half of the night waiting for the text from Scotty that they were home.

I wanted to see the boys yeah, but I wanted to see David. See that dumb smile on his dumb face that I haven't seen in like three days.

Wow, I'm pathetic.

But I'm also not used to this, so get the fuck off my shit. Mhm yeah that's right. I feel the judgement in the air.

"Wow, you're sad." I snapped my head away from my phone to face Gabbie towering, playfully smirking at me. I scoffed at her before looking at my phone again.

"Leave me alone Gabbie. Don't be surprised if I leave at midnight. The boys are coming back in tonight," I grumbled, switching my phone on and scanning my notifications to see if there was a text from Scotty. I groaned when I saw nothing. I wish that damn plane would hurry up.

"Awww is it because you miss David and can't go another waking hour without seeing him even though you can literally see him tomorrow," she pouted at me, bending down to where she was at eye level at me. I looked over at her, narrowing my eyes at her.

"For your information the boys insisted I came over tonight," I shot back at her, sliding off of the couch and heading towards my room.

"So you're jumping at their beg and call just so you can see the guy you're in love with?" Gabbie followed me. I know she was just goofing around with me, but she was staring to annoy the fuck out of me.

"For your information, I'm not in love with David," I stated, turning around in my doorway and blocking her path from entering my room. She smirked, placing her hands on her hips. "I'm not! I don't even know what love is. He'll, I don't even really know what like is," I mumbled the last part, starting to shut the door in her face.

"Yeah you do. It's the way you feel for David. That's what like is."

This bitch.