Chapter Twelve

"Wait...thats what happened?"

I nodded a little, leaning back against the couch. She wasn't angry or anything, she just didn't expect me to say something like that.

I don't expect for things to happen that way either.

"He's mad at you, all over something you said while you were drunk?"

I shrugged a little and played with my fingers.

"It doesn't matter now, it's been said and done. I can't take it back and he can't take anything that he said back. He's not going to forgive me and I don't think I have the guts to forgive him," I said to her before quietly mumbling, "not like he did anything wrong."

Gabbie sighed and lightly ran her finger and thumb over her temples.

"And for your information, he's not mad at me. He hates me. He hates my fucking guts because I won't tell him what was keeping us from being together," I got up and walked aimlessly around the room. I couldn't sit still, I had to get up and move around before I ripped one of Gabbie's couch pillows in half.

"Well maybe you should just tell him."

I whipped around and stared at her, my arms crossed over my chest. "The fuck did you just say," I quietly replied, making Gabbie sigh and roll her eyes. "In what version of God's green earth do you think that would be a good idea. If anything, he'll fucking hate me more. He'd probably avoid me like the disease I am." I walked towards the kitchen to grab a water bottle, and the only natural thing for Gabbie to do was to follow me.

"Or," Gabbie dragged out the 'O' as she blocked my way to the fridge. "Maybe he'll respect that and still want to be with you anyway," she tossed the idea around and I rolled my eyes.

"No way in hell, can I please get my water bottle now," I deadpanned before shoving her out of the way. I sling open the door and quickly slung it shut after I grabbed a water bottle. "Someone wise told me that if he can't respect my decision of wanting to keep certain parts of my life private, than he doesn't need to be a part of my life at all."

"Uh huh, and who told you that? The same guy that texted you when you came home," Gabbie raised her eyebrow in my direction as she crossed her arms. I scoffed and rolled my eyes.

"Yes, he did tell me that, and I think he's right. I have every right to not tell him and every right to tell him. It's my life, my decision," I replied, walking past her and going to my room. She followed me, again. "Besides, that "guy" is named Casey, and he really helped me today."

"I could have done the same thing you know," Gabbie crossed her arms and leaned against my doorway. I looked in her eyes, seeing a glare of hurt in her eyes. I sighed, lightly twisting the doorknob in my hand.

"I know...can we not argue about this tonight? I'm going to bed, it's been a really long day in case you forgot," I mumbled before shutting the door.

————

ONE MONTH LATER

I started talking to Casey more and more, to the point where I started hanging out with him more than I do with Gabbie or Liza or...David.

Anyways, within thirty days we became glued to the hip. We told each other everything, but don't take this a weird way. I don't like Casey like that, and he doesn't like me like that. It's just nice having someone to talk to that's my age for once.

Don't get me wrong, I still hang with Gabbie, Liza, and the guys. I just don't talk to them as much as I used to ever since I've started talking to Casey. Any time I do hang out with them, David doesn't talk or even look at me. I can't tell if that's a good thing or a bad thing.