Chapter Fourteen

As I currently type it is 7:03 AM, I am writing this to you as I prepare to get on a bus and go to school. Feel lucky you're a larger priority than school because right now, school's sadly a large priority. Only three more months and then um freedom my dudes.

The beach wasn't always something I enjoyed going to ever since I got here, and I've went maybe only once. Everyone's so busy, they never have any time to plan a day off and go to the beach or just goof off without having a camera in their hand and recording every second of every day.

Ever since I got home, which was literally a month ago, everyone seems to be filming more and making themselves more occupied. I'm guessing they made some dumb New Years resolution pact to be more active on social media than they already are. They love what they do, and we all know that. But isn't there a time when you just need to take a break, chill out, and just goof off?

'The Vlog Squad" as they're apparently called now clearly haven't heard of this until I gathered everyone up(yes, I actually did speak to David on the phone for about forty five seconds before hanging up on him) and told them that they need to chill out and have a day to themselves.

They all argued at me when I said that, but I argued back and said that YouTube will be here when they come back. It's not going anywhere.

"We're going to the fucking beach today, you dickheads, and give me your cameras and phones. You guys are holding onto them as if they're your fucking offspring," I mumbled the last part and went around with a bag, collecting everyone's access to social media. A couple gave it up without a problem, but then there was David, his arms crossed over his chest with a petty look on his face.

"You're not getting my camera, today's Wednesday. I post today," he snipped at me, causing me to roll my eyes.

"I don't give a fuck if you post today, but I do however care about your fucking mental health," I snipped back. I let go and looked around the room, who honestly looked like they wanted to throw me off of a cliff for taking their technology. "I care about all of you. Even you." I pointed towards David and rubbed my temple.

"If you really cared you would-," I help up a finger in his direction without glancing at him. I don't want to hear him start an argument right now.

"Shut up, because you honestly sound like a twelve year old preteen complaining about his grounding, and I don't want to argue with your ass right now when I try every fucking thing in my power to not set off your fragile ego into thinking you need to start a god damn argument with me."

Everyone fell silent, and I could feel David gaze at the side of my head as I stared at the floor. Everyone at this point knew what happened on his birthday, but they didn't pressure me to tell what I was hiding, unlike David. They respected my privacy and they knew I would tell them when I was ready.

Honestly, I don't know if I would ever be ready to tell them.

Memories began floating through my head, from way back. Back when it was easier, happier. I shut my eyes to keep the tears at bay. I was probably being an overreacting crybaby but honestly...yeah that's probably it. I can't really think of any other way to put it.

"Okay...you win, Rowan. Here...I'm sorry," he mumbled as he grabbed my arm and held it out, slipping his camera in my hand, and putting his own phone in the bag at my feet. I looked over at him and sighed through my nose. I gave him a quiet "yeah" before discarding his camera in the bag of the copious amounts of gadgets.

After I checked everyone to make sure they weren't hiding anything, I took the bag to a random closet, trying to be quiet so they wouldn't figure out where I was hiding their things. I picked up a couple boxes, sitting the bag in a corner of the closet and pushing those boxes in front of it. I quietly shut the door and made my way to the living room again, with a gentle smile on my face.