brittany's 20th birthday

Start from the beginning

"Okay," I nod my head and walk past her, "Let me finish brushing my hair and then we'll head out."

Fuck it. It's my birthday and I shouldn't be alone. I'm not saying Santana's a bad girlfriend, because she isn't. She's at work and I'm here with someone who is willing to go out with me for the day. I text Santana and tell her I won't be coming by her job and she says okay.

Chantel and I take an Uber all over New York and shop; not light shopping, heavy shopping. Chantel is the same girl she was two years ago, but this time she's using her money instead of her dad's.

When Chantel graduated, she went to L.A to become a model. She told me she wanted to do that before we stopped talking and I always believed it would happen because she has a vert pretty face. So, now she's out in L.A doing photo shoots and making some racks.

We went to lunch around four and talked about everything in depth. She apologized for kissing me and ruining my relationship, and I apologized for leading her on, but honestly that was almost two years ago and now we're all mature adults. She also said that she wants to talk to Santana and apologize personally because she understands that she hurt Santana, too.

Chantel has a girlfriend in L.A, who is also a model, and they're thinking about moving in together. I give her tips on how to have enough patience to deal with her because when you first move in together, things gets crazy. You have to make a schedule in your head and follow that schedule until it becomes a routine for both of you. It worked for Santana and I, so I'm sure it's gonna work for other people.

Chantel payed for lunch, which was her gift to me, and we did some more shopping. I like outside shopping but online shopping will forever be my favorite. You have more options and you can do it from the comfort inside of your home.

*

I open the front door to my house and automatically smell food cooking. I have a small panic attack at I step in and see Santana cooking above the stove.

"Rachel said that she'll finish my shift for me, so that I can come home and be with you for your birthday," Santana says, without looking up from the stove. She's stirring something in a bowl, "I decided to cook us dinner."

She looks up with a smile on her face but the smile fades away when her eyes bounce from me to Chantel. She sets the wooden spoon down on the plate and I can tell she's counting in her head.

"Chantel," Santana says, with a forced smile, "If I knew you were going to be here, then I would've made more."

"Oh, no. It's fine. We had a late lunch." Chantel says and I set our bags down against the wall

"Okay, I can't do this," Santana blurts out and she turns the stove off, "What the fuck are you doing here."

I clear my throat and give a Chantel a look that says 'I can't help you.'

"Well," Chantel starts, "I came here to see Brittany for her birthday. I haven't seen her-you two since the end of senior year and we all know what happened." Chantel clears her throat, "What I did was wrong and I know that now. I don't want you to think I'm here because I want to, like, steal Brittany from you or something because, obviously, you guys are meant for each other." Chantel looks at me and I nod my head, telling her to keep going, "At a point and time I did like her and I didn't care that she was with you, but now I'm older and more mature, so understand that I shouldn't of tried to take her from you Senior year," She takes a few steps closer to Santana and Santana furrows her eyebrows, "Santana, I am truly and honestly sorry for what I did, but I'm really happy that you and Brittany are together."