Overall, despite its cleanliness and how meticulously everything seems to be placed, the atmosphere in the office is very comfortable and...

Is Lin Ning actually a big shot? She's definitely not a typical agent...

Bai Yang seems to have noticed as well, the nervousness easily showing on his face as he shuffles closer to Alex. Slightly amused, Alex gently grabs his shoulder and gives it a reassuring squeeze, causing the young man to relax significantly. He's really glad that Alex is here with him and not waiting outside in the lobby. He would have been a complete mess otherwise.

Not noticing the short moment in between the two, Lin Ning gestures towards the chairs while going around her desk and moving her chair a little away from its place. "Please take a seat. I'll pull out the papers necessary for Mr. Bai," Lin Ning informs as she bends down to reach for the papers inside the drawers.

Alex, completely casual and comfortable despite being in an unfamiliar location, takes the offer and smoothly sits down on one of the white chairs in front of the desk with her feet crossed and her elbows propped on the arms. Bai Yang, on the other hand, shuffles across the room before sitting down in his own seat clumsily. He squirms uncomfortably for a couple of minutes before finally settling down with his hands in his lap, his shoulders slightly tensed.

As soon as Bai Yang can finally relax, Lin Ning already has a handful of paperwork in her arms. She shuts the drawer as soon as she determines that she has everything and then turns around to walk towards Bai Yang to hand each paper one by one.

"Here is your contract. It's exclusive, meaning that WMA is your exclusive manager in managing all offers and bookings and that you will not be allowed to sign with another agency until your contract expires. All of the benefits you will receive is on page three and four and code of conduct that is expected of you is on pages 5 to 6. On page 7, paragraph 4, section 2: please note that the agency will take 20% of your earnings from each commission you've completed. Privacy laws are written on pages 8 to 12 while information in pertaining towards lawsuits and copyrighted issues are addressed on pages 13 to 20. Please sign page two, stating that I have personally gone through the contract with you and addressed all important sections of the contract for you to review. Please sign page 22 stating that you agree to all terms of the contract and that if either party breach the terms of the contract, this contract will immediately terminate and the party who breached the contract will have to pay compensation. Compensation will depend on the nature of the terms that were breached. Do you have any questions?"

In the beginning, Bai Yang tries his very best to pay attention to everything that Lin Ning has stated, but the more she explains, the more he feels lost and overwhelmed. By the end of the lecture, Bai Yang looks a little pale and dizzy by the amount of information given to him in a span of five minutes, trying to shift through the pile of papers in his hands to follow her direction. Eventually, Alex just holds out her hand, nonverbally requesting for the contract, which Bai Yang gives up in defeat.

Flipping through each page, Alex skims over the contract, sometimes stopping on the more important paragraphs to read them through carefully and when she gets into page 5, she then realizes something.

"Bai Yang is seventeen years old. Not yet a legal adult. This contract is tailored for individuals past 18," Alex points out while Lin Ning momentarily freezes before adjusting to the new information.

"I do not realize that Mr. Bai is not a legal adult. Does that mean he's still in high school?" Lin Ning inquiries, now focusing and addressing towards Alex. It seems that she somehow perceived Alex as the adult representing Bai Yang in this situation, which is fine for Alex since she has wanted to lay out some terms herself in order to protect her kid.