Video Games

It was a beautiful day, the sun was shining and all the flowers were just gorgeous right now.

It was May, the month of happy couples.

And of course Gray and Natsu were inside all day. They were playing games on Gray's old Nintendo 64 he had found when he moved. He had some good games, Super Mario 64, (beaten 100% three times) Ocarina of time, (beaten two times each) Majora's mask, (beaten a bunch of times, both of them loved it) and they also had Mario Party and Mario Kart 64 for whenever more friends would come. They played the N64 a lot.

Right now, they were sitting around playing Super Mario 64, and Gray was raging, since he always fell at the same point in Tick Tock Clock.

"Gray, do you want me to help you?" Natsu said, and then he laughed when Gray fell down again.

"Maybe you should try jumping into the level at another time. Don't you think it'd be easier if the blocks didn't move?" He grabbed the controller out of Gray's hands and started to play, this time making Mario jump into the level at twelve.

Natsu beat the level on the first try which made Gray a little mad, because without that one-up he collected every time he would've gotten two game overs. Because of that same, fucking, block.

Natsu grinned.

"That wasn't so hard." He noticed Gray had left the couch where they were playing. "Hey, where are you going? Are you jealous of my mad skills?" He grinned even wider.

Gray scoffed and turned around. "Nowhere really. I would say we need some air. Especially you. At least I went outside to get here."

After deciding that walks are nice, Natsu tapped save & quit, turned off the system, and came after Gray.

Their friendship was... weird.

Erza had threatened them multiple times; if they didn't stop fighting all the time, she would beat them up. Since they didn't listen, they had to go through the punishment.

Ow.

After that they started to hang out. A lot. And they had come to realise how much they enjoyed it. They were inseparable. Like they had been best friends all their lives. And they had been, in a way. Their old fights hadn't been of hatred. To them, it was more of a friendly gesture, a way of hanging out.

Now they had a more obvious way of hanging out.

Finally outside they walked around for a bit, talking about anything that came to mind.

"So, I heard some people were having a party this Friday," Gray informed Natsu. "Apparently it's at this club thing called Fairy Tail, and it's for like, everyone. Do you feel like going?"

"Nah, I'd rather just stay home and play video games," Natsu said nonchalantly. "Why bother asking? You know I don't do socializing."

"I thought that maybe you'd enjoy yourself, that's all. But, I won't force you."

"Maybe I'll think about it. What time?"

"Not sure, but I'll probably get there around eight thirty."

The problem with Natsu was that even if he was threatened with death, he wouldn't leave his video games. At home or in public, he played. He owned a bunch of consoles, including his Oh so dear 3DS. Gray had to admit that the games for that thing were pretty awesome, but still. He would never get that addicted.

Gray liked playing games too, but he wasn't as good as Natsu. He was kinda bad. But he didn't really care. It was always fun, especially playing with Natsu.