“Dude, we’re gonna get so drunk,” Emma sighs.

“Speak for yourself. I haven’t done anything,” Calum says and the others laugh.

“Joselyn, do you know how to play?” Emma asks and I shake my head.

“It’s very simple. Someone makes a statement. Like ‘Never have I ever run naked in school’ and if you have, you have to take a shot. If no one drinks, the person who makes the statement has to take a shot,” she explains to me while Michael and Calum head inside, returning with shot glasses and a bunch of bottles.

No. There’s no way I’m doing this. I’m not drinking.

“But I don’t…”

“Don’t worry, I don’t really drink either,” Ashton leans forward to me, our knees still touching. “You see the white bottle? It’s Mountain Dew mixed with Coca Cola. Doesn’t sound so tasty, but it looks just like the rest of the liquor. I’ll pour up some for you.”

Ashton doesn’t drink? That’s interesting. I had seen him with red cups before. Did the others know about this?

“Okay, everybody ready?”

“Yes!” Liza, Michael, Ashton and Emma shout in unison.

 “Joselyn?”

“Yeah. Let’s do this,” I reply and Calum smiles back at me.

“I start! Never have I ever eaten a worm.”

“Ew, that’s disgusting, Cal.” Liza swats his arm.

“Well since no one has, I guess I have to drink.”

“Never have I ever broken a law,” Emma says and both Liza and Michael takes a shot.

I wonder what they have done. Shoplifting? Robbery? Did they murder someone? No, maybe not the last one…

“Are you gonna call the cops on us?”

“Already have,” Emma says and we all laugh.

“Never have I ever worn make-up,” Michael says and I know he wants me to join the game. I don’t usually wear make-up but I have tried it, so I take the shot Ashton just poured up to me and drink it fast. It really was just soda. I see Emma and Liza do the same.

“Bro?” Ashton looks as surprised as me when Calum takes another drink.

“I’m actually a girl. Shh, don’t tell,” Calum puts his a finger on his lips and I know he’s already drunk. This is gonna be a fun night.

“Who’s next? Joselyn?”

I shake my head.

“You’re gonna have to say something eventually,” Liza says. “But okay, I’ll do it. Never have I ever…”

“Never have I ever forgotten to ask one of their best friends if he wanted to join them.”

Luke appears behind Calum, his eyes as blue as his shirt. Great, just great. I feel the soda coming back up. There’s something about him that I don’t like. Perhaps because he tried to hook up with me, but even before he tried to, I thought he was intimidating.

“Cheers!” Everyone takes a shot, everyone but me. Luke is not my best friend, he’s not even my friend, and he never will be.

He looks at me, sending a chill through my entire body, before moving a chair between Michael and Calum. Ashton looks a bit uncomfortable and slowly removes his knee from mine, leaving me cold.

“Never have I ever had a fake ID,” Liza says and everyone but me drinks, again.

The more statements they do, the drunker they get. This is not healthy and I’m surprised they can even sit up at all. Everyone’s laughing, including me. I drink a couple of times and every time I do, I feel Luke’s eyes on me. Ashton must have sensed something, because he looks over at me, asking if I’m okay after a while.