Eye Contact

It was BLACKPINK's Live Countdown before their album 'SQUARE UP' was released publicly. The group was having a little game and it was Jennie's turn. She closed-open the folded paper she was holding twice before reading what it said.

"Have eye contact in a sweet manner with Rosé."

Rosé immediately freaked out after hearing it. Her heart started to beat fast. Suddenly, she felt like she didn't know what she was going to do. She also felt conscious at the same time. The love of her life is going to stare at her eyes for 5 seconds.

Lisa squealed. "I don't think they can do it," she said as she smiled, teasingly.

Jisoo picked up a set of cards before standing up and placing it between the girls' faces.

Rosé felt nervous as she cupped her own face. She looked at the cards right in front of her, feeling her heart beat faster knowing that Jennie's face was just right behind it.

On the other hand, Jennie is also freaking out which caused her to squeal a couple of times along with the person in front of her.

"Come closer," Jisoo said as she pushed Jennie closer to the taller girl which made her squeal again. She's also feeling nervous about this. She stared at the cards feeling shy.

When Jisoo started to count, they squealed more loudly. "This is nothing though, really."

But for the two girls, it's not just nothing. There was something more. They feel something for each other that the other doesn't know.

Jisoo counted again. "Hana, dul, set." She removed the cards in front of them.

However, Rosé immediately felt calm seeing the cute girl's eyes and smiled at the sight of Jennie blinking which caused them to do it again.

"You can't blink," Jisoo said as she placed the cards in front of them again.

Jennie placed her left hand on the edge of Rosé's seat as the older girl counted again. "Hana, dul, set." She removed it and Jennie felt confident so she leaned closer with a small smile on her face.

Rosé can't help but slowly smile and feel her cheeks blush at the sight. But she gave up along with the ending of the timer when Jennie pouted her lips sending her a kiss causing them to laugh.

But on the inside, Rosé felt happy. For a short time, she got Jennie's attention only for her.

Jisoo sat down after. "There's 20 minutes left before the release. Time is passing.."

After that event, they went home to their dorm. Jennie placed her handbag on their couch as she planned on talking to Rosé who immediately got to her room closing the door behind her.

Rosé just lay on her bed staring at the ceiling thinking about what happened earlier. She wondered if Jennie felt the same way about her. She is honestly one of her big dreams. She is already achieving many of her dreams except her. She will still feel incomplete knowing that she can't be hers, that she can't be Jennie's hubby, that Jennie can't be her wifey, as the endearment Chaennie Warriors thought about them. She remembered that scene on BLACKPINK HOUSE that they did call each other as that.

Jennie: My hubby!
Rosé: My wifey!

She smiled at the thought but after a moment she felt a tear rolling down her left cheek. She closed her eyes as she sobbed softly.

She's jealous of Jisoo because she always has the time to be with her. She wished that Jennie would also hang out with her sometime. That is enough for her even if she's still hoping for more.