Chapter 10

Nande (why)... That's all I ever ask now. Why did my parents leave? Why did I even kill those people? Why was I all alone? Why did my parents not keep me safe like they said they would?
Why...
Why...

"WHY?!"

I was no longer thinking in my head. I wake up panting heavily and sweating.

"Y/n. Your finally awake, drink some water. I'll get the nurse." Mikasa said. I took a moment to breathe, then took the glass of water from the table beside my bed. I gulped down the entire glass at once trying to recap about what just happened. I look around to see the room I'm in, I'm in a bed, curtains, windows, first aid kit, definitely the infirmary.

"Hey Y/n, the nurse is coming in a minute. We had to take off your cloak though." Mikasa said coming back into the room.

"Shit. Mikasa please, don't-"

"Tell anyone I know. I have no intention of starting gossip about you as I said." she told me sternly. Her voice sounds very serious, I understand now that she is telling the truth. "How long was I out?"

"A couple of hours. What happened to you?"

"I don't know..."

FLASHBACK (3rd Person POV)

Levi carried y/n on his shoulder towards the infirmary. "Captain! Please, let me bring her to the nurse." Mikasa yelled running to Levi.

"Tch. Cadet Ackerman I am already taking time out of my day to bring this brat to the infirmary, might as well get the job done." Levi said clearly annoyed.

"Levi, what happened to Cadet l/n? We have an urgent meeting to attend, please hand her over to Ackerman." Commander Erwin told Levi. Levi carelessly turned around and looked at Erwin and Mikasa before replacing y/n from his shoulder's onto Mikasa's.

"Another shit meeting? What for?" Levi asked Erwin. Levi rolled his eyes, there have been a lot of meetings this month regarding an expedition for the trainees.

"You'll find out when we get there. Ackerman send a report to Corporal Levi about what happened to y/n by this evening." Erwin instructed Mikasa.

"Yes sir!" Mikasa saluted and carried y/n to the infirmary. Everybody around her gave Mikasa weird and questioning looks. She ignored it and maintained a stoic look on her face until she reached the clinic. The nurse needed to check y/n's head which meant her hood needed to be taken off. Mikasa didn't hesitate to pull her hood down, along with taking off her cloak. y/n's face was revealed.

FLASHBACK ENDS

The nurse was changing my bandage, she was just about to finish wrapping the last piece of bandaging around my forehead. "Oh. Thank you Mikasa, and Nurse?" "Nurse Sinsa. But please call me Marie. Stay hydrated and eat regularly, 3 meals a day along with 8 cups of water." The nurse said. I nodded and returned to my emotionless face. I can't remember anything before I was knocked out. All I know is that I was cleaning the stables, and that's pretty much it. I stood up and reached for my cloak to put it on. I noticed there were a few blood stains on the hood. It isn't much of a horrid sight to see for me, it's just the usual. "Fuck, how the hell am I gonna get this off?" I muttered. Blood stains are hard to get off. Even if my cloak is also red, the stain already dried up and turned brown.

"Hand me your cloak, I'll get it washed. In the meantime you can borrow this purple one." Marie said handing me the cloak. I nodded and quickly attached the cloak to my body.

"I'll be on my way Marie. Thank you for your help. Just don't tell anyone about today." I said giving her a smile. It was honestly really rare I would ever smile to anyone due to my trouble past. I always thought that there is no use in smiling if there is nothing to smile about. "Anytime y/n. If you need me, you know where I am." Marie said returning the smile. I waved off Mikasa and left the room.

"So brat, are you going to explain to me what happened earlier?"