Chapter 9

Levi's POV

"I will be assigning your cleaning duty for today! Kirchstein, Artlet, Bodt, Braus and Jaeger clean the floors and walls! Springer, Lenz, and Ymir clean the Mess Hall! Leonhart, Braun and Hoover clean the windows and cabinets! Ackerman and L/n Stable Duty! Now go brats!"

"Tch." That girl better know how to clean.

Y/n POV

God damn that shortass. Huh. Apparently Corporal Shortass slays titans AND loves to clean, the perfect pair for your everyday hobbies. "Hehe." I snickered a bit at my thought.

I walked over to the closet where all the cleaning supplies were and grabbed everything I needed, Mikasa did the same. We walked outside and headed towards the stables. Mikasa cleaned the right side of the stables and I cleaned the left. I started out by cleaning out the stable rooms which were filled with blades of hay. A group of cadets needed to take the horses for practice so we didn't have to bother with feeding the horses, but just refilling their water.

"Why did you murder them?"

I got interrupted in my train of thought when Mikasa asked me that question. It's been 5 days since we talked to each other, I'm guessing she is wondering why I did those things. To those people. She thinks I'm a monster, but maybe it's because I am a monster.

"None of your business." I said. "Y/n I know you don't want anything to do with me or anyone here. My only goal in life is to survive and protect Eren, I don't gain anything from telling people anything you say to me." Mikasa's right, I know that she wants to protect Eren. The way she acts around him, how she is so overprotective. Hell, how the fuck are they not married?! But... I don't trust people I just met, who knows what they will do behind your back when they aren't looking. "Trust is too fragile to just be given to someone, you have no idea what it was like for me."

Flashback

"Tell us where d/f/n (dad's first name) l/n is and you and your house won't be in any harm."

"Open the damn door kid unless you wanna lie in a pool of blood!"

Their voices echo inside my head. I'm shaking. I can't control my emotions. Dad always told me that this is a kill or be killed world, but I'm too afraid that if I mess up I am just as good as dead meat. I reached for the knife still debating on what to do. "I'll kill you, I'll protect my family from you monsters." I whispered. I stopped shaking when I remembered dad, b/n, and mom.

"We're going to break this door down fucker!"

I continued to hear the pounding against the door. My first murder, yet I'm not scared. I reached for the door knob and quickly opened it hiding behind the door.

"AGH!" I yelled and instantly stabbed one of the men on the abdomen. My hands were covered in blood that wasn't mine. It was that man's blood. "You little shit!" He took out his pocket knife and lunged at me. He held my arms down and I tried to get out of his grip but I couldn't. This is the end of me? Isn't it? "I got you now bitch. Time for you to pay with your life." No. I must survive. Or else my entire family dies. No. Not now. "Not yet!" I screamed and banged my head onto the man's forehead causing him to groan in pain. My head hurt a little from the impact but I ignored the pain and kicked the man in high enough to hit his head. He lied unconscious on the floor. "Aren't you done ye-? You did this? You little bastard." The man which I'm guessing was the leader had a gun with him, pointing it at my face. One wrong move and he'll kill me for sure. Nobody in the Underground had sympathy, we're all fighting for our lives. "Not so tough now are we?" He asked. This started to really piss me off, "Brains are better than actions, fucker." I said to him with a grin. The guy was about to say something until I cut him off. With my knife.

I stared at the ground, the pool of blood. This was all made, by me. Me. I killed them. I killed them all. I murdered them. I'm a murderer. I- I-

Flashback Ends

"I KILLED THEM ALL!"

I screamed and I couldn't hold it in anymore, I couldn't control anything. Before I knew it I kicked the light bulb behind me shattering it into pieces.

"NANDE?! (Why). WHY NOW?!" I continued to scream letting it all out. Mikasa was shaking me aggressively trying to get my attention. I knew she was, but I couldn't stop screaming. All the memories of me murdering those people went through my mind. Why am I remembering this now?

Levi's POV

I casually walked around the perimeter checking on all of those brats to see if they are cleaning properly. I swear if I see one speck of dust I will make that person clean the entire area. Most of the cadets are too lazy to do a decent job, I won't be surprised at this point if I see any filth lying around.

"WHY?!"

What the actual fuck? Isn't that y/n's voice? For starter's why the hell is she screaming right now, the horse stables aren't even that bad someone would scream that loud. But when I got a full view of the stables I noticed that she wasn't screaming because of the filth. She was in pain. Blood was trickling down her hands onto the floor. Ackerman continued to call out y/n's name while y/n was muttering a bunch of words to herself that not even cadet Ackerman could hear. "Oi cadet l/n wha-?" Before I was able to finish she stopped mumbling random words, but she was

on the floor

blood on her hands

laying unconscious.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Heyya readers! I would like to apologize for the late update. It's honestly been really tough for me in my school because they give me a LOT of homework and projects to do and basically my only free time is on the weekends. I will update weekly from now on, or at the very least I will try my best. Thank you for understanding <3

- Lauren Yuki <3 :)