Chapter 23: Past

Elaine just look at me and rip her hand away from mine, "Y-You're the one! You're the one who'd hurt Arlo and the others! Same with John!" She glared at me.

I looked at Arlo who just shrugged and back off a bit, I look back at Elaine, "It's hard to explain-"

"Bullsh*t!" She snapped at me.

Arlo's eyes widen, she haven't heard Elaine become so aggressive.

"You lied to me! You and John! But mostly you!" She stuck her finger to my chest, "How can I trust you anymore! I thought you were just a mere cripple! But look, you actually have an ability!"

"Usually people should be happy at that." I murmured.

"Why?! Why would you hide such ability? Are you underestimating us?"

"It's nothing like that-"

SMACK!

A red handprint was across my left cheek.

Elaine just looks at me, tears in her eyes. Betrayed that her close friend is actually powerful. The healer just shoved me aside, the same way when we first met on my first day and just head to the kitchen.

I just stood there. I heard scuffling as Arlo sat down on the couch.

"You should've just revealed your ability when you got to Wellston." Arlo looked.

My eyes glow and an Aura sword was already inches to Ass-lo's face, "There is a reason why I don't want to reveal my ability to the school."

Arlo glared at the sword then back at me, "Why is that."

My gaze softens as I disperse the sword, and deactivate my ability, "I don't want history to repeat itself." I walked away to John's room.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(John's Room)

John was still right next to Sera's side.

"John?" I look as I knocked on his door.

John look, his gaze soften, "Come on in dude."

I slowly went inside and sat down next to him on the floor.

"I know you're mad at me-"

"More like pissed." I glared, "You hit Elaine, you attacked me. What would Sera say if she was awake?"

"I know dude." John looks away, "I'm sorry."

"John. Elaine doesn't trust me anymore. I can't trust you anymore. Matter of fact, WE ALL CAN'T TRUST ONE ANOTHER!" I yelled.

I took a deep breath to calm myself, John was still looking at Sera with sadness in his eyes, "You love her. Don't you?"

"Yeah... I do. It's.. Just that ever since I befriended her. She started to be more, casual. Not to mention likable" John smiled at her.

"Yeah." I smile at him.

"You love Elaine. Right?" John smirk at me.

"And f*ck you." I flip him off.

"I'll take it as a yes..." John sadly smile, "But really dude. I'm so sorry."

"..." I just look at him, "It's fine. Do that again... Just prepare for a bad time." My left eye glow as it look at John. (A/N: You guys better know that reference)

"Yeah. Don't worry." He smile.

"...Alright. Keep an eye on her." I stood up and head back to the living room.