Chapter 14: Pasts Revealed

(Aoi's POV)

I took the first action, summoning multiple, floating, blue swords around me and mentally throwing them towards Meili and Isen, 'I have to keep them at a distance...'

John starts to throw energy orbs towards the two as well.

Meili and Isen desperately dodge their barrage of attacks. Slowly moving forward.

"John!" I mentally force one of my floating swords to come to my hand and I grasp it, "Cover me!" I charge towards the two.

"Got it!" John charges a beam towards Isen and fire.

"Eat this!" I leap towards Meili and slam my sword towards her.

Meili claps her hands around the blade to stop the attack, but the ground beneath her cracked.

I landed on my feet let go of the sword and manifest another sword in my hand. With a cry, I swing my sword on her chest.

"Ggk!" Meili manages to dodge, but barely. A cut wound was from the shoulder to her chest. She kneels on the ground and coughs up blood. "D-Damn.

I mentally destroyed my two swords and look at Isen, who was panting. Tired of all the dodging from John's attack.

I shook my head and walk back to John as he finishes Isen off with a final Energy Beam.

"GAH!" Isen flew a couple of feet before tumbling on the ground, not moving.

I check his aura, he was still alive, just beat up. I give out a small sigh of relief, thankfully John didn't go overboard.

John and I look towards Arlo, our eyes narrow. Arlo just stands their, arms crossed, smiling towards us.

I took a deep breath, "We'll take him on together-"

"No, I'm taking him NOW!" John charged ahead.

"John, no!" I groan and chase after him. Trying to keep up.

Arlo's eyes flared and yellow dome surrounds him to protect himself.

John brought up his right hand, his hand encase with demon claws and wind and strike the dome to penetrate it.

Arlo winces slightly in pain but kept his shield up. John's arm burst into red blood and he screams in pain.

"John!" I charge forward and ready up a left fist, my hand encases in a blue aura. I punch the dome. Pain flared in my arm and I grit my teeth. I feel my attack power diminishing and feel my arm being healed by my aura. I grit in pain, as my arm start to heal, the feeling of re-experiencing the same pain is not something to be happy out.

Arlo spits out blood and lurches over in pain and glare at me with glowing eyes. I felt my arm fully repair and I made a fist again. I dash forward, forming a sword in my right hand and slash at his body.

The golden king brought up both of his arms as I slash. I pass him and look behind to see the King unharmed.

"Worthless." He winces and I was encased in a yellow dome, "You hide this power from me. And this is what I get?!"

"I don't want to hurt you, Arlo. Please. Stop this." I warn him.

"It's already too late!" He narrows his eyes and the dome start to slowly get smaller.

My eyes flare and a blue dome was inside the gold dome, trying to stop the crushing doom. I wince in pain as the reflective damage was scratching all over my body. I ignored the pain however and bring up a hand and blue aura swords start to form around Arlo.