Chapter 21: To Protect Your Close Friend

(Wellston High)

Elaine walked across the hallway, still remembering the incident from the park. She hold her books close, 'I hope Aoi's okay.'. She look up and see Arlo about to pass by.

"Arlo!" She called out to him.

Arlo looked up, before simply looking away.

"... Arlo!" The healer puff her cheeks and stomped her way to the King.

He turned to perform a glare at her. One of his terrifying looks to keep students in line.

"Eep!" Elaine faltered a bit, but stood her ground, "It's... Because of the incident right?" She tried to pry into his past, "Arlo. Please. I want you to tell me." Elaine looked around to see if anyone is nearby.

"It's nothing." Arlo assured her.

"What do you mean? Did a rival school manage to 1-up you?"

"No, it's not that-"

"Then. What. Happen."

'She's more demanding than usual.' Arlo narrowed his eyes, 'Unless...'

"You've been getting some tips from Aoi." He quickly changed the subject.

"U-Uh. What?!" Elaine was taken back.

"Aoi and John. They can be a handful sometimes despite them being cripples." Arlo inch closer to her, "I feel like you and Aoi are getting a bit closer..."

"I-I have no idea what you're talking about!" Elaine blush and backed away from him.

"You shouldn't go against your King's orders." He warned.

"Well you shouldn't pry into people's lives." Elaine made a 'Hmph!' sound and turned away.

'Definitely Aoi-like.' Arlo smirk silently, 'Didn't know you have it in you... Kingsman.'

"You didn't say anything though... Did you?" He glared again, "About the incident."

"W-What?! No! Why would I say that?" Elaine look back, "I just wanna know... Who did this to you."

"It's nothing." Arlo repeated.

"If it's nothing, then it shouldn't happen. Arlo." Elaine gave him a firm look, "Whoever did this, might be dangerous. As a healer, it's my job to look out for you."

'She's right about being dangerous... Aoi... I can never understand you.' Arlo just looked away.

Suddenly, something catch his ear and look at the direction to see nothing but some scuffled noises.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(Aoi's POV)

(The Suburbs)

I smirk as I knew my Overwatch has passed and I stretched my body to the midday sky, "Man. Life is good." I turn to see Sera coming out of John's house, "Sup Ace."

"Is that my nickname?" Sera gave me a small smirk.

"It sounds like one, besides. It suits you." I walk down from the porch, "Where you heading?"

"Just going for a walk. You?"

"Probably do the same. I'll hang out with you." I smile.

Sera smile, "Thanks Aoi. I appreciate that."