I want a friend.

"Just say 'don't touch me!' And if they tell you what are you going to do about it, be like, 'I'll call a teacher.' With all the coolness in the world, like you're not scared of their threats, because that's what they want you to feel Leo, scared, angry and weak, so don't give them what they want.'

"Are you done, yet?"

"I think so."

"So see I~"

"Oh, also they're no better than you, actually no you're better, they literally get a C on like every test."

Silence.

"Oh yeah you may proceed, Leo, sorry" She giggled.

Leo was getting bored from all these lectures being thrown at him about how to stand up for himself or how to treat a bully, he knew, even learnt, all those lectures and more. In fact he can state far more reasons than Jade stated, if only he was able to speak.

It's like Jade had a new motivation in life, and Leo knew if she did, there's no escaping from all her inspiring paragraphs. But he had to admire her determination though, he's a person who gets bored easily and doesn't complete a task if he doesn't want to. But Jade, he sometimes feels like she has to do it, almost like homework, but with not as much hate, ofcourse.

He sighed. "You think I didn't try any of that?"

"You think I didn't try asking one of those good for nothing figures called teachers? Figures that, apparently, only know how to brag about whatever useless subject they teach us in here? You think I didn't use one of those 'don't touch me' or 'I'm not scared of you' or 'I don't care' or far more speeches I can list for you? This has been happening for me for a while ,Jade, two years to be exact. It's just because I don't wear what they want me to wear or I don't look like they want me to look. And who's brave enough to do that, which apparently I am, gets a very, very hard time about it. I'm just fed up." He said that last sentence in a broken whisper.

Jade was on the brim of tears. Seeing her friend like that, and not knowing what to do to help him, was her weak point, frustration, being closed up with not much to do or many choices. He was broken, right there, right in front of her, seeming desperate for someone to tell him it's going to be alright. So she hugged him.

She hugged him with such force that he stumbled back lightly, not from the force of it but from his shock. He suddenly felt a whole frikkin' jungle in his stomach! Playing every which way, snakes sliding in storms and lions running around, butterflies were definitely crushed under all that.

Jade is hugging me.

Jade is hugging me.

Jade is hugging me?

"Leo, I'm sorry."

She's sorry?! This is heaven!

"I feel frustrated 'cause I don't know how to help you."

Believe me this is all I need.

"But I won't give up, it's okay. It's going to be alright. You're my best friend and I love you." She said, sniffing lightly.

Leo rolled his eyes.

Best friend...

He didn't like the sound of that.

And that's when and where he realized it, the sweetness, the careness, the pinch in his chest and the jungle in his stomach.

He liked Jade Williams.

From the very first day, since that annoying ass smile, he liked her. From those times she was sincere and cheery, which is like always, he liked her, but he just came to realize it.