Hypocrite

The green petals of roses lacked their shine among their water drops, if only the sky wasn't so cloudy today. It sure is a weird weather for a week in April, the month was definitely breaking it's character, but it's the kind of weather Leo liked.

He saw the sun as a disturbing source of way too much shine, and that the clouds hiding it was providing more than enough light for people to carry on their daily tasks. Also the smell of the humid air from the sky threatening to rain today was way too good to hide temporarily into a building. He never understood why would people leave such a blessing and hide away, as shy as he was, he was the type of person you see with opened arms welcoming the rain to their warm embrace. Why would he turn shy about something that he cherished too much to hide in his within.

Until he reaches his school gate, is where his dream is over. The building where behind this huge door, had halls that hung happy signs but, if you switch off reality, they would likely show their real paint, all bloody with scared kids, and not freshly painted white.

"Are we going somewhere, freak?"

Leo grunted and looked at the guy that was probably the most person he wants to use as a punching bag.

"He asked you a question!"

His "Right hand", which he probably wasn't and Leo knew would escape as soon as his friend here gets in trouble, pushed Leo by the shoulders and Leo stumbled back lightly.

"Guys just leave me alone I'm getting late." Leo mumbled tierdly, already.

"Sure, ladies first." James pointed towards the gate for Leo to pass.

"Sure, be my guest." Leo said it with so much coldness in his voice and muffled a satisfied smile.

James fumed and clenched his jaw, he held Leo by the collar and pushed him against the locker.

"You sure gotta a huge mouth and you'll learn when to shut it!" And just like that, Jame's fist was in the air, and Leo, bravely, stood closing his eyes lightly, ready for James's harsh finger bones to collide with his jaw.

Until James noticed a particular girl in the hall coming their way, thankfully she didn't notice them yet, which earned James a few seconds to pretend like everything was alright and reassuring for Jade.

"Guys! Knock it off now! Leave the poor guy alone, he's a friend of one of the dearest people to me and I won't tolerate such actions!" Leo was so shocked that these words came out of James's mouth, he even, at one point, started to believe that James was being nice, which is one of the world's most impossible events.

James made sure his voice was loud enough because, one, he wanted Jade to notice the situation, two, fooling her that he's actually a kind hearted person.

Until Leo noticed that James was looking else where...

Oh gosh how embarrassing!

Leo was about to be beaten up in front of her, and he hoped that she didn't see it. Until he saw that smug smile on James's face.

"Say a word freak and you're dead meat!" James whispered, more like hissed into Leo's ears.

"Hey guys! Umm what happened? Leo did anyone bother you?!" Jade said in that concerned face of hers, eyebrows pinched, eyes with growing fury yet careness. Leo couldn't help but to slip a smile her way.

"Oh yeah these ....bullies were about to harm your precious friend!" I have a name! Leo thought. "But don't worry, I took care of it like the good guy I am." James joked.

Leo hated the way jade was impressed by him, her eyes were simply amused, he even saw some fondness in them. And that pinch in his chest hurt so much.