1. The First Meet

"No words were exchanged,
No giggles were heard.
Neither were there any long walks at night,
Nor were there any dinner dates in the candlelight.
It was just one glance in your eyes
That took me by surprise to realise.
I'm yours,
You're mine."
© andthatsjustmyself

“Here ya go, all ready!” Avantika said as soon as she finished tucking the long navy dupatta around the neck of the young woman sitting in front of her

“Maa!” Whined the young woman.

“You know, I am completely capable of getting ready myself. I'm 24 now.” She pouted.

“24 or not, you will always be my little girl.” Avantika said. At the same moment, she heard the sound of a car pulling up in the driveway of their mansion.

“The guests are here. I'm going down. Ayaansh will come get you when it's time.” She instructed her daughter and moved downstairs hurriedly.

The young woman looked at herself in the mirror. Clad in a sleeveless navy Indian suit embroidered with sequined flowers, there was no doubt that she looked simply beautiful.

She could hear the sound of chattering coming from downstairs

She could hear the sound of chattering coming from downstairs. Having seen the scene probably a thousand times in Bollywood movies and Hindi drama serials, she could imagine what was going on in the living room. It was not long before her brother, Ayaansh, entered her room. Having 2 years over her, Ayaansh didn't hesitate to play his role of an over- protective brother whenever required. Still, the typical sibling bickering was not absent between the two.

“Come on, my little Simba. Maa’s calling you downstairs.” He looked over at his sister. At the nickname, she fake- glared at him. Frankly, she loved the name he'd given her.

Silently, she stood up and moved out of her room, her brother in tow. Just as she reached the top of the staircase, she stopped and looked towards her brother.

“Do I really have to do this, Bhai?” She asked.

“No, you don't have to. But it was your decision.” He stated simply.