CHAPTER 20

The three of us stood facing each other, patiently waiting for Demeter to speak. I refused to call her my mother, not until she's compensated for lost time.

"Well?" Klaus pressed on, "What have you got to say?"

"I'm happy to know you're both getting along well," She said, gesturing to Klaus' protective stance.

"We're not here to talk about my relationship with Klaus, Demeter," I stated.

"I'm your mother—"

"No, not until you've proved yourself worthy of such a title," I retorted, "Now, talk,"

"You're my only heir," She started.

"Well, that's a shocker. Aren't Olympians supposed to have, like, a million children?" I said. From the corner of my eye, I saw Klaus trying not to laugh.

"Are you trying to be funny?" She asked me, clearly unhappy.

"I'm just trying to grasp Greek mythology, Mother," I said, saying the last word with distaste.

"You didn't let me finish. You're my only heir worthy enough to take the throne," She stated.

"What throne?" I asked.

"The Underworld," She answered, "You have eight more siblings but none of them can match to your capabilities,"

"Woah, wait a minute. First of all, I'm not marrying Hades," I protested.

"You're not going to," She said, "Hades is currently serving a lifetime of punishment for a malicious crime we are forbidden to speak of,"

"Let me guess," Klaus butted in, "He tried to steal Poseidon's triton to include in his silverware collection,"

"Are you both even taking me seriously?" She asked in disbelief.

"It's kind of hard to believe all this when all my life, I've only known you through books," I said, "And movies,"

"Percy Jackson isn't the best of reference if you ask me," Klaus said.

"This is a serious matter!" Demeter yelled. As she did, flowers scattered in the cemetery started to wilt and dead leaves were piling on the ground. Her eye's widened at what was happening and she heavily breathe to calm herself down. When she did, the flowers no longer wilted and the leaves stopped rotting.

"What just happened?" I asked, bewildered.

"That's what happens when you piss a Goddess off," A voice said. A man suddenly appeared in front of us, his hair flaming red and his eyes were a golden hue. He looked to be the same age as I am.

"Apollo, you're not supposed to be here," Demeter said, clearly getting impatient.

"So are you, Grandma," He teased.

"Oh, great

"Oh, great. Care to have another family member pop-up, sweetheart?" Klaus asked, looking at me.

"Someone just tell me what the hell is going on!"