CHAPTER 17

Rebekah and I aced every single class we had. As we came to our last class, it was a coincidence to have History once again. We purposely came in late, while laughing to a joke Rebekah made. When we entered the classroom, all eyes were on us.

"Rebekah, Persephone, glad to have you back," Alaric stated with a tight smile. Elena and her gang were glaring at us, while we just smiled back.

"Good to be back," I said and dragged Rebekah to our seats. During class, I made sure to one up every student raising their hand. They have nothing against me now. I even corrected Bonnie on her answers thanks to Elijah's private lessons.

After class, Rebekah thought it would be a good idea to join the cheerleading team. I wasn't into the idea of joining a self-centered bunch so I left her to try out, while I grabbed a snack in the alley. I compelled a stoner kid, who was hanging by the alley all to himself, and pierced my fangs into his neck.

"What are you doing?" A voice cried out behind me. I turned around and saw Elena and her friends staring at me. Groaning, I dropped the body to the ground and sighed.

"Having a snack," I replied, kicking the body, "Want some, Care?"

"Who turned you?" Caroline asked with disgust written all over her face.

"Oh, don't look at me like that," I said, "Makes you look like a hypocrite,"

I felt Bonnie giving me an aneurism and I pretended to groan in pain. Once I was on my knees and she was near me, I looked up at her, saying, "Nice try, Bon bon," And I slammed her against the brick wall.

"I got to admit, that hurt," I said, wrapping my hand against her neck, "But I'm sure this will hurt more,"

As I gripped her neck tighter, I saw Caroline flitting over to me from the corner of my eye. I let go of Bonnie's neck and I kicked her stomach before she could reach me.

"Seriously? You want to do this here?" I asked, "What about it, Elena? You want to be next?"

I turned to Elena and saw her eyes filled with fear. I heard Caroline groan and ask me, "What happened to you?"

I leaned down on her groaning figure and said, "You happened to me. For 11 years, you've done nothing but torment me. Now, it's my turn. I'll show you what hell really looks like,"

I left them in the alley and flitted back to the Mikaelson mansion. I saw Klaus reading a newspaper, while the rest of the Mikaelson brothers were nowhere in sight.

"Where's Kol? And Elijah?" I asked.

"Kol's off to find a desperate, young woman to fall for his charms, while Elijah left for Greece," He replied, not bothering to look up from his newspaper, "You're home early,"

"Yeah, well, Caroline and her friends decided to test me today so...I showed her a little bit of the new me," I said, plopping down on the couch beside him.

"I'm assuming it went well?"

"Better," I stated, grinning, "I'm bored,"

"Elijah left you some books to read up in your room," He said. I smiled in excitement, which led me to kiss him on the cheek. I flitted to my room and jumped up and down as I saw the stack sitting on my bed.

However, an envelope sitting on my nightstand caught my eye and it definitely wasn't from any of the Mikaelsons. The seal was a pomegranate with a U under it. I hesitantly opened the envelope and found a letter inside.

Meet me at the Cemetery, 11pm. Come alone. You've been living a life full of secrets. It's time for you to know them.