18. Taking the Trash Out

Before Lola did anything exciting, I felt a small tap on my shoulder. I glanced behind me to see my favorite blonde.

"Patrick," I smiled casually, "what do you need?"

Patrick looked around cautiously before extracting a single pill from his pocket. It was red.

"Overheard you earlier about needing molly," Patrick spoke lowly and handed it to me, "I only have Valium. Have a good night,"

Like that, Patrick melted away into the mixture of darkness and people. I neglected to tell him that the molly wasn't for me and that it was for the woman on stage who was already dancing.

I did what any smart man would do and popped the pill in my mouth and chased it with some brandy. The brandy urned my throat slightly, but I knew that would fade soon enough. The alcohol in my system as well as lack of food was doing things to me regardless of the Valium that had yet to be absorbed into my blood stream.

My attention drifted back to Lola. 

"What a gem!" Peaches howled and pointed at Lola, "That's my baby girl! She's growing up so fast and makin' her momma proud,"

I laughed at Peaches' comment only for that to fade and become mesmerized by the sway of Lola's hips to the beat of the song.

Lola was right. She did have moves.

She wasn't a professional dancer by any means, but she wasn't that bad like I had expected.

Her fingers slowly gripped the zipper on the side of her dress, and inch-by-inch teased the audience by sliding it down the curve of her body. Suddenly, the fabric cascaded like water in a puddle around her ankles. This earned her a hoots and wolf whistles from the audience including a loud and boisterous 'OW OWWWW!' from Peaches.

My eyes traveled up her body. From her high heels and ankles up her calves to her soft-looking thighs, my eyes craved every centimeter of her. I let out an almost audible gasp when I reached the black, Chantilly lace that hugged her body like a glove. The teddy style lingerie suited her well. It covered her up enough to let my imagination run wild but enough to keep her decent.

She continued to sway to the song making a good show of herself finally turning around to the auidence

Her ravishing red lipstick popped out against her pale skin and black outfit.

It was quite entertaining to see her laugh and feel quite embarrassed by being partially nude in front of a crowd filled mostly with strangers. She seemed gangly and uncoordinated like Bambi after the deer was born, yet it was better than mine by far. She was smiling and having fun, and that's all that mattered.

Her dancing was fueled by the support of the audience.

When her eyes met mine, she giggled and winked not in a seductive way but in a way that made her seem playful. In response, I blew her a kiss just to encourage her.

Her dance was fun, and above all, it was the essence of her.

She made one final spin and with that dropped down dramatically on the final note.

Everyone--even me--was applauding her performance.

"That's my girl!" Peaches was on her feet screaming her head off.

In the thrill of it all, even I stood up and threw my head back to finish my drink because of the energy flowing everywhere.

Lola bent over and collected her dress giving a short bow then scurrying off stage to allow the show to go on. The other burlesque dances took over, and order was restored. Lola hurried back to our sofa grinning like a drunken fool in love.