chapter 1 -

"This is your new roommate, Louis Tomlinson," the landlord says to Harry Styles after opening the door, only to be in a stained white tank top and boxers, with a slice of greasy pizza in his hand. The new boy flashes a smile at him, and receives a simple blank stare from Harry.

In a college dorm, having a roommate was more than likely. But Harry was lucky, and was alone for weeks. Well, was.

The college emailed him a few days prior saying a new student was transferring and how he had to share the already small dorm room with him, as there was nowhere else for him to move in and Harry was the only one left without a roommate.

As much as Harry tried to persuade, beg, and complain, the college administrators wouldn't budge.

After an awkward silence, the landlord excuses himself and leaves in a hurry.

Louis was a a few inches shorter than Harry and a quite lean guy who looked to be around Harry's age, with light brown messy hair swept to the side and big blue eyes. He was dressed in a plain white t-shirt with black  jeans and a gray beanie. He also had a single dark green luggage with him, as well as a clutched phone in his other hand. His bright smile never wore off as Harry continued to analyze the man.

"Well... can I come in?" The new kid, Louis, asks sheepishly, in a thick British accent.

Harry didn't realize he was eye goggling at him and blocking his way to enter the apartment, and widened his eyes in embarrassment before clearing his throat.

"Sorry.." he said, moving away to allow him to enter.

"My names Louis, but you know that already," Louis said, throwing in a small laugh after his sentence to clear up the uncomfortable tension in the air. Harry shut the door and forced a small smile.

"I'm Harry," he said awkwardly, the other man raising an eyebrow.

"Oh uh, there's pizza in the back if you want any.. I'm going to change," Harry said quickly, leaving the room without a second thought before entering the bathroom. He quickly threw on a pair of black skinny jeans and a black top and finished inhaling his now cold pepperoni pizza. He ran a hand through his hair before deeming himself as decently presentable.

Harry walked back in to find Louis unpacking his stuff and eyeing him upon his return.

"Not from America, huh?" Louis asked, trying to do small talk to make things less quiet and uneasy.

Harry shook his head, it was obvious from both of their accents. Harry went to study abroad in America from England after wanting to pursue a musical career. But apart from that, he is majoring in law in the meantime while still taking music classes on the side.

"What part of England you from?" Louis asked. Man, Harry has never met anyone more chatty than him.

"Holmes Chapel."

"Doncaster," Louis replied, smiling.

Harry nodded, clearing some space to make room for Louis' stuff. He didn't realize how much junk he had lying around until now, but hopefully he doesn't care about the mess.

"So.. what are you studying?" Louis pipes up again.

"Law," Harry says quickly, almost sounding annoyed.

"Wow, a law student!" Louis exclaims, his eyes widening in awe. "You must be stressed all the time. You even sleep?"

Harry stopped what he was doing and turned to look at him, as if staring straight into his soul before Louis shuts up. Only for a few minutes, that is.