chapter 8 -

A/N:  yeah yeah, I know it's took me forever to update but I'm so sorry. I just recently saw Harry in LA and it was amazing!! I've also been dealing with some stuff which is why it's a bit hard to update, but I promise I'll do my best. Again, feedback and votes are appreciated!! lmao thank you for the support! <3 

Louis wasn't a dumbass. He knew Harry was acting off, behaving more distant and cold towards him and especially to his girlfriend, Eleanor. The problem was, he wasn't sure exactly why he was upset. And for weeks he's not been acting like himself and Louis was determined to find out why.

He tried calling Harry's cell but it went straight to voicemail after a few rings. Harry never showed up the past few nights, and Louis was only told he was staying at a friend's with no explanation from Harry. It was very strange and even concerning to Louis, as Harry would never stay more than a single night someplace else and would usually tell him firsthand where he was. But these last days, it was like he went total Gone Girl.

"Harry answer me dammit," Louis hissed through his teeth after the 3rd time of not picking up.

"Please leave a voicemail after the tone. Beep."

"Hey Harry it's Louis. It's been four days since you were gone. Where are you man? You're not answering my texts or calls and I'm really worried. Please call me back when you get this."

With Harry going MIA, Louis was alone in college. He wouldn't even see Harry around on campus, but there's no way a focused study-centric Law student like him would skip more than a day. But in the one class they have together, he was never there. He was also missing during work hours, but he could have just changed his shift or just decided not to show up. The audacity.

Louis' phone rang suddenly which startled him at first, but soon excitement ran through his blood at the thought of Harry calling him back. His heart sank when he saw Eleanor's contact information flash on his screen instead. He answered reluctantly.

"Oi," he said.

"Hey, I was thinking of grabbing some drinks and seeing a movie. What do you think?"

Louis glanced at his clock, it was only noon.

"Sure I guess," he replied. He felt too down to see a movie, but he didn't want to worry Eleanor. He'd rather be looking for Harry, but he if didn't want to be found then why try? It's pretty clear he's avoiding Louis. He just wasn't sure why, and more so, why it was bothering him so much.

After Eleanor picked up Louis, they headed to the closest theater near the apartment after picking up iced coffees.

"What movie?" she asked, burying her head in his chest. Louis squinted at the movie times that glared on the screen.

"Jurassic World?" he asked, noticing they released a new one.

"Oh my god, how many of those are they gonna make?" she remarked, rolling her eyes playfully. He shrugged and paid for the tickets.

They walked to the food court, having about 15 minutes to kill, and Eleanor's arm wrapped around his as she took a sip of her coffee.

They pick a table and set down their drinks, glancing around at what food they were in the mood for. Quite honestly, Louis wasn't that hungry. The thought of where Harry can be and why he disappeared is still weighing heavy in his mind. He felt a pang in his chest because he really missed him, and felt crazy for feeling this way even though it's only been a few days. Is this normal? Probably not, but he cared deeply for him. You know, like a good friend. Right?

He checked his phone but there were no new notifications.

"I'm kinda feeling like some Chinese," Eleanor stated, swirling around her mostly drunken coffee. She eyed the big Panda Express logo and pursed her lips, eyes widening.