5 ; troubles of a broom closet

Start from the beginning

The closet seemed to shrink when she landed nearly as close to him as she had been on the ground. Eyes wide, a small tickling laugh, and a fleeting feeling in his stomach that made Remus briefly wonder if he'd suddenly acquired claustrophobia.

Katie sent him a small, innocent smile as she tried to take a small step back, breaking him out of his trance. Instead of a smooth step back like she had expected however, she was met with a catch at her foot and the sudden feeling of air hitting her back as she lost her balance.

Luckily, Remus' reflexes won out for the second time that day, looping a quick arm around Katie's waistband and pulling her back upright. Their faces landed closer to the other than all the previous times just moments before, each practically able to taste the other's scent.

Katie broke eye contact quickly, pushing her tongue against the back of her teeth as she looks down. "Hey Rem?"

Remus hummed softly in reply.

"Can you reach your wand? There's a shelf behind me and I can't reach mine."

He couldn't help but feel the disappointment in his stomach when that's all that comes out of her mouth, though he wasn't entirely sure what he'd wanted her to say.

Remus reached into his side pocket, feeling for his thin, slender wand.

"Lumos." A small light protruded from the tip of his wand, illuminating the dark closet. In the brightening of the room, Remus caught sight of Katie's eyes and he couldn't help the hitch in his throat. A brilliant, sandy brown color with the perfect amount of emerald green flecks.

He'd noticed them before of course, but never in a proximity as close as the one they were seemingly trapped in.

She lowered her gaze once again, biting down on her lower lip. Remus turned from her, not wanting any more unwanted thoughts bombarding his brain. He attempted to turn the knob, only to find that it was locked when the only sound that met him was the rattling of a closed door.

"Bugger," he mumbled under his breath.

A voice behind him spoke up. "What is it?" He turned his head toward her, finding that she was attempting to find a comfortable place to stand in.

Remus pointed slightly at the door behind him. "The door. It's locked."

Katie shrugged slightly. "I figured."

Remus went to turn around again in an attempt in thinking up a way out when a frustrated groan echoed behind him. An amused smile graced his face as he watched Katie poke angrily at a box on a shelf that kept slipping.

He chuckled at the way her face scrunched up in anger at the small box, and took a step forward, careful not to step on something fragile. "Here, I've got it," he said, reaching up and tucking the box safely back to where it should be.

Once he put it back in place, Remus took a step back, realizing that Katie was nearly cramped into his chest with how small the closet was.

"Right so how do you reckon we get out of here?" He said almost uncomfortably. The amount of mishaps that had occurred in the two minutes of being stuck in this closet gave him far more to think about than he'd bargained for.