PRELUDE

SECURE 
────

SECURE  ────

EXTENDED SUMMARY
──────

They fell in love in the way that the ocean's tides come up along the damp sand on a fine summer day. They fell in love in the way that bees flocked to the allure of sweet-smelling pollen gently mired on the stamen of a flower. They fell in love in the way that living organisms heave oxygen in and out of their lungs. Naturally, and once they fell, they couldn't remember a world where they didn't love the other.

But in a world full of magic, of powers, of the unnatural; a world of life, of living and death, and of dying; a world of risks that make your heart pump, and fears brought forth into reality that make your heart shake; love is a delicate balance.

So, in a world so very unpredictable, sometimes love and tragedy get entangled in the world's never ending epiphanies.

...

Katherine Hart isn't familiar with tragedy, at least not in the way that Remus Lupin had just began to welcome it as his old friend. But Katherine Hart is familiar with contentment, the feeling of just living with whatever she's handed and doing the best she can to find the light. It's a feeling that Remus Lupin has only brushed upon very few times in his life for the constant fear that one wrong move will tear his life away.

But life likes to teach lessons, likes to make you squirm and shake and shout and smile. It likes to place you in shoes that don't fit, or sometimes it'll place you with people that complete your puzzle. And it likes to take tragedy and contentment and continuously place it on unassuming shoulders.

So life places him on the waterfall of contentment, and he begins to learn that acceptance of the happiness in his life won't always lead to heartbreak. And life places her in an ocean of tragedy, because sometimes pain is stimulant of growth that teaches you lessons that you'd never thought you needed to learn.

And as she teaches him to grasp happiness by the reigns, he teaches her to take tragedy and kick it to the ground. And all the while, they begin to learn what the meaning of security truly means.

REMUS J. LUPIN ࿐ྂ

 LUPIN ࿐ྂ。